“poorly pizza”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“poorly pizza”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had not been here for a long time so thought it would be nice to meet up with family here one afternoon recently.... wished we'd not wasted our money.
Restaurant was pretty empty at 3pm but despite this the service was very slow. Only seemed to be one member of staff about so unsure if he was a manager but he seemed disinterested and unhelpful as he took our orders. We were not asked if we had enjoyed our food at all during our visit but the pizza's were actually tasty as long as you left the burnt edges. We called the waiter back over a couple of times for a missing fork and a drink refill and then to request the bill but each time without saying so he gave the impression we were disturbing him.
certainly won't bother to go back here ever as there are so many places that value custom, although it wouldn't stop me visiting other branches in the Pizza Express chain as have had great pizza and service in other ones.

• Visited January 2014

sevenoaks
“Mmmmmm!??”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

NIce restaurant, good food but awful service.

Not sure if because of insuffiicient staff or bad management or a bit of both.

We chased our food as had been waiting over 30 mins for starters, waiter seemed to panic and told us some tale about the printer not being connecting to the kitchen so the staff there did not know there were orders to do! A good waiter would have realiseed that many customers were waiting too long.
Food eaten was tasty and wine delicious so if they could get the service right the marking would go up but on this performance I doubt we will go again espcially if in a hurry!!

Visited January 2014
London
“Poor service, bad food, will not return”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Pizza express is normally a safe bet for a quick lunch with the kids, or so I though!

The staff at this particular branch were very slow, standing around chatting a lot ignoring our attempts to call them over. Didn't take the order for the kids so our starters came out and the two children sat there for a few minutes waiting for their dough balls to arrive, we asked the waiter and he went to the till obvious that he hadn't put them on the order, so after a 10 min wait they appeared, by which time our starters were very cold. Pizzas were ok lukewarm and slightly burnt. Ordered new deist cokes and just bottles brought over, when we asked for more ice and lemon we were treated with a huff and the waiter stormed off to get said ice. Waited 20 min for plates to be cleared thn another 20 for one child's ice cream! In total we were in there newly 3 hours! With two young children this was far too long for a lunch in between shopping.

Will not be rtirmong to this branch! A real let down

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Burnt but not broken ”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go for a nice friendly trip to pizza express as I go there quite regularly and always order the pizza or salad. This time I felt might as well try something new.

As I ordered the casual bolognese with penne pasta, a burst of excitement came out of me. By the way the waiters/waitresses were lovely and happy to help, well sometimes, they couldn't always see you as the place is laid out almost like a maze!

The food came and I noticed there were some black edges on the pizza. I thought to my self ho hum lets give it a try. To my surprise it was crispy/burnt. I have noticed this on numerous occasions with my friends but not with my self so that's why I wanted to try it. This clearly showed. Now I know pizza express is a pizzeria with a siding of others dishes but it needs to up its standards with the penne pasta.

Interior is very hip and happening, love it. Very family friendly and jazzy. Restaurants like this has to have this key decor. Apart from that some chairs are greasy... Sort of like the zizzi chairs, oops! I popped to the toilet and saw at the back of the restaurant there is some pizza dough for children to play with, unhygienic is what I say. Some young children could be eating that dough while other children would have had their hands all over it! Germs could be caught.

In conclusion I love pizza express and will always go back but maybe not decide with the pasta next time and maybe I will give my chair a clean!

Westerham, United Kingdom
“For a pizza, cannot be bettered”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I cannot believe the last few reviews. We visit this restaurant all the time and it is always as you would expect from Pizza Express - excellent. (I have to say I've never been in the loo!) The waiters are always friendly and efficient, the pizzas are delicious and we always have a bottle of excellent pinot grigio - it is obviously just a pizza restaurant, but with a good atmosphere and well trained staff.

• Visited December 2013