“"Fine" in many respects - so why am I negative?”
Review of Loch Fyne

Loch Fyne
Ranked #54 of 127 Restaurants in Sevenoaks
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Initially a leather goods store and saddlery, this heritage listed site is now an excellent setting for the Loch Fyne experience.Numerous original features have been retained, including stunning beams and a fireplace that dates back to 1414.These, combined with the extensive use of warm wood, give the restaurant a relaxed and welcoming feel.We boast an unparalleled à la carte menu with fresh, seasonal offerings that are the ideal choice all year round – come and experience our Loch Fyne Sevenoaks restaurant for yourself.
Great Ouseburn, United Kingdom
“"Fine" in many respects - so why am I negative?”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Strange review this one. The service was good, the food very good and some one else was paying - really good. So why did I come away noticing little things that niggled?

A Sunday lunch time and not too busy. No starters (bread and olives), Haddock good, fish and chips good. Dessert of cheesecake and cheese very nice.

Great experience? Well yes and no. So some of the observation niggles. Waiting staff with stains on the white shirts why?. "Messy" blue aprons.... The "kick" step at the entry to the kitchen, is a sight. The door in to the Gents needs painting (hand marks), the walls have Blutak marks where posters once sat. And then posters in the loo that were still in place, were promoting Easter specials a week after the event! The windows need a good coat of paint. Skirting boards scuffed.

In other words the place was tired and in need of some love. Do I care? Well yes I do and no I don't as essentially this is a good restaurant. I write this in the hope that management will spend some money and who knows, make more money....

Thanks Uncle C your company was excellent!

• Visited April 2014

Epping, United Kingdom
“Family Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome and endless patience - given our distraught grandchild after a fall en route. All the staff could not have been more helpful and kind. The food was varied, well cooked and well presented. Good value for money overall.

Visited April 2014
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, good service, good price”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We had previously been disappointed here due to poor service but our desire for a plate of mussels overcame our misgivings! Service was excellent, attentive but not obtrusive, and food was really good. Crab fishcakes for starters followed by mussels with fries. Meal for two, with tip, for just under £30. We won't take so long to go back next time !

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lovely Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked a table for Mother's Day . There was a set menu but after looking through it there was nothing on there we liked so we chose from the main menu. I had mussels for starter which were really lovely and there were plenty of them! I had the burger for main course which was nice but a little over cooked (probably my fault as I didn't specify how I wanted it cooked). The fries were lovely. For dessert I had creme brûlée with shortbread which was fantastic. All portions are generous and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant itself is bright and airy and even on a busy day like Mothers Day we had plenty of space . Would definitely go here again.

• Visited March 2014
rochester, kent
“Good for fish - but bit expensive”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Standard menu bit pricey but if you avail yourself of the offers - kids eat free on Sunday, the set menu etc it doesn't work out too bad. The food quality is good. The dishes don't wow you but are competently put together. Service was very good. Disagree with previous reviewer who said there wasn't much choice - there was plenty of choice.

• Visited March 2014