“Lovely Mother's Day Lunch”
Review of Loch Fyne - CLOSED

Loch Fyne
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Initially a leather goods store and saddlery, this heritage listed site is now an excellent setting for the Loch Fyne experience.Numerous original features have been retained, including stunning beams and a fireplace that dates back to 1414.These, combined with the extensive use of warm wood, give the restaurant a relaxed and welcoming feel.We boast an unparalleled à la carte menu with fresh, seasonal offerings that are the ideal choice all year round – come and experience our Loch Fyne Sevenoaks restaurant for yourself.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked a table for Mother's Day . There was a set menu but after looking through it there was nothing on there we liked so we chose from the main menu. I had mussels for starter which were really lovely and there were plenty of them! I had the burger for main course which was nice but a little over cooked (probably my fault as I didn't specify how I wanted it cooked). The fries were lovely. For dessert I had creme brûlée with shortbread which was fantastic. All portions are generous and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant itself is bright and airy and even on a busy day like Mothers Day we had plenty of space . Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Standard menu bit pricey but if you avail yourself of the offers - kids eat free on Sunday, the set menu etc it doesn't work out too bad. The food quality is good. The dishes don't wow you but are competently put together. Service was very good. Disagree with previous reviewer who said there wasn't much choice - there was plenty of choice.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had lunch, and chose off the fixed price menu. I had the crab cakes and squid linguine for main.

The restaurant was clean, smart and airy and the service was very professional. All in all a very pleasant lunch indeed.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We'd found a 25% off voucher so thought we'd "do lunch" today as we'd never been, convinced it would be expensive. Imagine our absolute pleasure that even without the voucher, the prices were incredibly reasonable. There was also a set menu option (2 courses & side dish for £10.45 or 3 courses & side dish for £12.45). Bargain!! The choice on the set menu was so good, we opted for that. Quality, taste, portion size were spot on. Staff were polite, courteous, professional & friendly. This will become a regular; just gutted it had taken us so long to visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The food and service here were fist class and I would like to give this restaurant 5 stars but for the fact it was really rather chilly in there. We went for an evening meal, it may be warmer during the day. The restaurant is on two levels. The higher level was fine but we were sat in the lower level at the front of the restaurant and it was cold in there. I kept my coat on throughout the meal.
I eat mainly from the specials menu starting with a crab ravioli, followed by whole baked sea bass and ending with the chocolate tart from the main menu. Paul had the herring from the main menu, the sea bass like me and the tart tatin from the main menu. All was absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked.
I would definitely go back again but if I went in the winter I would dress up warm first.