“Gone down hill”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Last time we ate here it was excellent!!! so obviously was expecting the same this time fresh, tasty bold flavors but sadly the place has really gone down hill. The food we received this time lacked the bold flavors and the freshness. Sadly will not be returning :(

3  Thank ALCBS

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Visited with two pals recently. After previous experiences with reduced meal sizes when we all had the same set menu, two of us opted for that whilst the third chose a la carte. We reckoned that there would be sufficient food available to share. Don't get me wrong, the food is pretty good....its just that there's not nearly enough of it. For a bill of £81 (including just one beer and one cola), one would expect more. We could have dined a few yards away at Cafe Rouge for much less cost and considerably more food! They don't even give you much rice, which, let's face it, doesn't cost a fortune!

I like the food here, but will I ever go again when I have to eat more food upon my return home because I'm still very hungry????

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant was always the tops in Sevenoaks. But over the last year has gone from the top to the bottom.
The sizes of the dishes have shrunk and this is being disguised by putting all the food on one plate instead of separate dishes . The food tastes bland and gives the impression of having been reheated many times.
The husband and wife team are not the most friendliest of people with the husband being borderline anti ferang!

1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went with friends who ordered one of the set meals. Set Meal A. Whilst I choose of the menu a hot soup, green thai curry and a pad thai. Mine was adequate, but the set menu would not really feed 1 person let alone 2 as the menu suggests. Disappointed as this restaurant has in the past always been good. Yes we arrived a 9:15 pm on a Thursday, the restaurant had 3 other tables full so was not packed.
Probably has put me off returning

2  Thank leisuremanKingsdown
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am not that experienced with Thai food, and we have previously had one of the set meals, but this time, accompanied by my brother (who has lived in the Far East for over 40 years) and his Japanese partner, we were a bit more adventurous. The service was attentive, and the food very tasty. According to our guests, the Thai cuisine was a bit westernised, and the sticky rice was not sticky enough to roll into a ball and mop up food in the usual Thai way, but these are minor deficiencies. The mixed starters were great, and the spicy duck dish excellent. Finally, the sweets seem to have been expanded a lot since our last visit, and include a few real Thai sweets, such as the steamed banana in coconut milk, which was divine.