“good location but little else”
Review of The Moorings Hotel

The Moorings Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sevenoaks
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The facility in conveniently located within walking distance of the Sevenoaks railroad station and a short ride into central London. However, that's the only positive I can take away from my stay at the Moorings.The hotel is not well cared for, plaster fallen from the ceilings, wall paper peeling off walls and paint chipping and the whole place needs a complete cleaning. After two days of our stay the manager insister we should change rooms, presumably to accommodated other guests. So when my mother [ 90 years old ] sister and I returned to the hotel my room had been changed from the 1st to the 2nd floor and my mother and sister had been moved from the 2nd floor to the room I had occupied for the two previous days! The staff had no redeeming qualities, unfriendly bordering on hostile. I won't stay there again and wouldn't recommended it to anyone else.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter G

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Not cheap at £80 a night, plus £5 breakfast, plus £2 parking. Room was dirty & mouldy with paper peeling off the walls. I was a female on my own and felt distinctly vulnerable. Ground floor room with men wandering past, peering in. Brealfast was a non starter. Stuck to self cooked toast when I saw Indian (owner?) with cigarette in mouth in the kitchen. Should have read other reviews before I booked (non refundable).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I spoke to a very rude Indian man whilst requesting invoices and he called me stupid! Refused to refund the room after we made the incorrect booking. It was our mistake but he had over a week to rebook the room to someone else. Disgusting customer services. I would advise against booking!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a real budget hotel. If you just want to get your head down and be near to the station then this might do for you. The room itself was clean, but the common areas were very scruffy. No hair drier by the way and full fat milk, which I think is yucky in tea.

The breakfast was freshly cooked, but not enough for me to use this place again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AncientD
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

All the bad reviews are absolutely perfectly described, there was damp and mould spores absolutely everywhere, the damp was so bad that within 15 minutes of been in there I could feel it in my lungs and my breathing was effected (I'm a perfectly healthy 33 year old man with no asthma eg).
there was dead bugs all over the bed,
I didn't sleep all night, I was scared of taking bedbugs back home from here, I literally stopped up sat on a chair all night and as soon as 6am arrived I woke up my family and got the hell out of there.
absolutely rotten place, ruined my weekend out.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank buzzbrightyear
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter. We were given a twin room in the attic which was up the main staircase and then further on up on another staircase which was so steep that it frightened the life out of me! Surely this must be against health and safety regulations as if a fire had broken out I saw no fire escape. I asked to be moved but the owner said he couldn't do it straight away as rooms were being cleaned - this was at 12 o'clock when you would have thought most rooms would have been done. As we were tied to time and I'd already paid an extra £10 for having the room earlier we decided to stick with it. On checking in the owner asked if we wanted the breakfast and when I said yes he couldn't wait to take £10 off me. The breakfast was absolutely disgusting! Lots on the plate but totally inedible. The waitress was surly and the plastic tablecloth was covered in breadcrumbs from the previous guests! Overall the hotel smelt and the staff were unpleasant - it felt like the place was being run on a shoestring. I felt like I had just spent the night in Fawlty Towers (without the humour!) or Norman Bates motel in Pyscho as I feared anything could have happened!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Toscanas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Staff were not very welcoming. The carparking spaces were very small, difficult to park our small car. Wi-fi was advertised as "free" but the proprieter asked for 5 pounds in exchange for the password. The room was small and the ensuite as small as they come. Heard every footfall in the room above and there were sounds of a laundry operating below until late at night and early in the morning. The room was basic but clean and functional. After staying in twenty or so similar priced B&Bs all around the UK over the past six weeks this was a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevenoaks
Donnington Manor Hotel
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge

Been to The Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!