“lovely lunch”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I only ever eat lunch here, it's a treat for my elderly mum on her shopping day. We are members of the 'Diamond Club' a special deal for the over 50's.
The staff are always very polite and attentive, never pushy always friendly. My mother is disabled and they always manage to find suitable seating, in fact we now seem to have a 'usual' table.
The meat is good quality from reputable origin - Red Tractor.
The food is always well cooked and very tasty. Mum cannot always manage a full size meal so sometimes chooses from childrens menu which is never a problem.
The carvery always has 3 meats and a pie available, I do tend to stir the veg before selecting as they can sometimes look a little dry but there is a very wide selection together with a full range of gravy/sauces.
The establishment is clean and tidy no loud music.
There is a good range of drinks both alcohol/soft and hot choice.
There are tables for couples up to large parties plus an area which can be made private for parties.

1  Thank Marion F

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have eaten at this nice large well decorated and cosy carvery quite a few times over the past 12 mths. In general this is a family friendly, clean sociable restaraunt, with the added bonus of free wifi. It's very pleasant and the staff are friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy their work.
The food is a little bit hit and miss, mostly we have found the Carvery to offer a good selection of meats and vegetables. However, choose your visit time carefully. If you arrive early you may get cold veg and meats. Sundays can be incredibly busy and if you are on the last shift you may have a limited selection.
Value for money is excellent with a main course from the carvery costing £5.95! Kids can eat for just £3.95. No complaints on the bar prices either, with a good selection of drinks including cask ales from local breweries.
We have had a couple of meals which were below standard and the staff dealt with us very professionally and efficiently.
We would be happy to eat here in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have eaten here a few times, normally between hours, mid afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays. As usual we have never booked, but the staff go out of their way to make sure we get a table, which makes good business sense, something that so often gets overlooked by the management of some restaurants.

The service is excellent and the carvery is one of the best around, they always seem to have Turkey as an option, which suits me as generally I am not a great meat eater.

We will always return if these standards are maintained, well done to all staff.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I never used to be a carvery lover, however we have started going here every couple of months. Why? It is very good value (especially the over 50s Diamond club); the staff are friendly, polite and efficient; the food is usually good; it has a nice atmosphere. So if you want good 'pub grub' at a reasonable price, it's worth a visit.

1  Thank St39
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Made a return trip to The Crown Point this week for a christmas lunch.It looks lovely with decorations and crackers to get you in the spirit.As always the food is exellent and very good value.Staff members are very attentive and polite.Little things make such an impact on me, and as I was having trouble downloading the menu from the website a copy was put in the post to me which I recieved the next day.A pleasure to eat there I shall return very soon!