1,415 results
All reviews spiral staircase main building century manor manor house sandwiches steeped in history afternoon tea overlooking the lake lots of character open fire lovely hotel lovely setting four poster sat nav excellent value for money night break both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for work. The hotel itself was beautiful as were the grounds. The room was a decent size but was a little shabby. The bed wasn’t particularly comfortable but the room was at least warm. Unfortunately I had a shockingly bad night’s sleep due to the toilet running all night. Breakfast was fair.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2019

We visited this Hotel with Friends for two nights in March. Very apprehensive as the previous reviews were appalling. Couldn't fault it. Food was delicious, room was clean if rather small and the service was second to none. Why do people only write bad reviews and not take the time to write a good one. Ooops! Having said that, I am still waiting for a return phone call regarding my query on my bill. I promise, that is my only complaint. We loved our stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed her on Friday 5th April, and couldn’t fault the room, service or the staff, the room (room 50) was beautiful, clean and the bed was really comfortable, all staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful, but two staff members in particular made our stay most enjoyable, Tracy who was on the bar was really friend and made us feel relaxed and john the nightman was also really friendly andnothing was too much for him in terms of making our stay as enjoyable as possible, we will be returning in the very near future, all staff were excellent but these two staff members are a credit to the medley court hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Went here for afternoon tea it was extremely busy but our waitress sue was very welcoming and done her best to make sure we had everything we needed and that we was happy the cakes was lovely as too was the sandwiches will definitely be coming back

Trip type: Traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel.

I am glad you found the cakes and sandwiches to be lovely and I am pleased you were satisfied with the service given.

Yours Sincerely,
Nina Dicken
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

My daughter n grandson n my mom had a groupon voucher 29£ for 4 for afternoon tea, We arrived at the hotel and thought the place looked stunning from outside, once we were inside we were asked to wait in the bar we ordered drinks and was told to take a seat and she would bring the drinks over but the drinks never arrived then we were called into our room for afternoon tea I asked the waitress if she could bring our drinks what we ordered from the bar she said she would bring them through but they never arrived she did bring us tea and coffee thou which was nice then she brought us a selection of sandwiches n cakes which was very nice then we ended our afternoon with a glass of preseco. We had a lovely afternoon inspite us not getting any drinks from the bar.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am glad you found the selection of sandwiches and cakes to be good, and that you felt the place looked stunning.

Yours Sincerely,