“judithk”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madeley
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“judithk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed for a 2 night all-inclusive break. The hotel building is beautiful and the dining room very attractive. Our bedroom was adequate, if needing a little up-grading and the shower was poor. The staff however were all very friendly and efficient. Special mention must be made of Rebbeca, who was a delight. Paul in the restaurant was very charming and efficient. The food is an area that could be improved and I believe this will be addressed in the near future.
There is an area of decking outside the main bar and this overlooks an attractive lake. We had absolutely fabulous weather during our stay which was an added bonus. I would recommend a stay at this hotel, especially on the all-inclusive break basis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that your stay with us at Madeley Court was a memorable experience. It is so kind of you to make particular mention of both Rebecca and Paul and I shall ensure that they are aware of your praise. I do hope that we shall be welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Madeley Court for two nights in a twin room, number 42 South Wing. A nice room for the price, although dark because of the large tree outside the window. The tree probably provided an entry route to the roof space for the squirrel, I think a squirrel, which woke us at 6am. If we had to pay why did he get to stay for free!

We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful and the restaurant provided us with an excellent and reasonably priced dinner on both days. We will stay again but on the advice of staff will choose an executive room overlooking the lake. Hope the ducks don’t get in to wake us up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. In particular, I do appreciate you making mention of the service provided by my team. Also, I am grateful for your observation regarding the tree outside The South Wing and I am sorry for the noise disturbance. It is great to hear that you will be staying again and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Madeley Court.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a dog friendly hotel in this area and stumbled across this hotel which looked ideal. I booked through booking.com which stated dogs go free. But was told by the hotel that dogs are charged £20 per dog per night so be aware of that. I asked for a ground floor room so the dogs could have easy access. I was assured that's what we'd get but in arrival I was given a first floor room. We lucky could change when I asked but you'd think they'd have done that from the start. You can't take the dog inside public areas only an outside terrace.

The room was pleasant we were told it was a dog friendly room so we had limited choice. But this room was A bit grubby The carpet was filthy. We had a huge cobweb hanging from the ceiling light. But the real down side to this room was its location. (Room 46)

Be warned don't accept a room opposite to the wedding and party venue If you plan to stay at the weekend. We had a prom party on the Friday night and a wedding in the Saturday night. Disco music blaring out until about 1 am them party revellers leaving in cabs etc until about 2am.

On a good note the grounds are nice. But there is a slight need for a bit of tlc generally as it feels a bit unloved in parts especially the back terrace over looking the lake.

The cooked breakfast was £14 pp extra so we declined as I thought that was very expensive. But there is no we're else to have a breakfast really. No fridge in room. Iron bridge very close and a must see. Some nice pubs and eateries there and great fish n chips!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel and I am sorry that it did not meet expectations. Please do be assured that your comments have been noted so that improvements may be made to our service standards.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed for the dinner bed and Breakfast on the 6th July as we were visiting the iron bridge museums. We were worried because of some of the reviews. But we were not disappointed. It is a great hotel, it was reasonably priced and we expected the usual average service But this was different. The room was comfortable, Very clean and tidy. Free internet and a TV with lots of channels. Staff at dinner, breakfast and in general were very helpful and pleasant. The dinner was great, we had steak and fish pie and both were gorgeous. I did not want any dessert so they offered a fresh fruit salad as an alternative. Breakfast was the same, pleasantly efficient staff, and really a good choice of food. We requested vegetarian sausages and again the staff were very quickly to arrange that. Some of the reviews mentioned noise. When we stayed there was a wedding but there was no noise at all and we only saw some of the guests next day.
We have decided to come back for a longer stay next year as it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KMM30
I was delighted to hear that we looked after you well and I thank you for your praise for my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Madeley Court.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went for a 2 night stay. The staff from the time we got there to the time we left were second to none. Food was delicious and there was enough.....saying that is good as I have a large appetite . There is a nice view of the lake if you want to take a quite drink. Very idyllic surroundings and a chance to sit in the grounds and take it all in. I am looking forward to our next visit as Im sure there will be one.

Room Tip: Only see the one we stayed in but know there were some better rooms to choose at a higher rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your positive feedback following your stay at Madeley Court, particularly regarding my team and food quality. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I went to stay at Madley Court and what a wonderful time we had it was our 30th wedding anniversary and wanted something abit special and we weren't disappointed.
The staff were friendly and helpful without be in your face.
We went to our room which was just fabulous and looked over the lake, and we had a four poster bed which to be honest made me cry is was lovely.
The manor house itself is beautiful and kept clean and in period. (16th century )
Our bathroom made us smile it was two small rooms one with sink and bath in, the other with the loo, but you had to duck your head between the rooms.
Down stairs two small quiet lounges, a bar with t.v area where snacks can be served with doors opening to seating area outside beside the lake.
All food served to us at breakfast... Cereal,some fruit and a good Full English breakfast was offered. (Great sausages and bacon )
Lunch... We had sandwiches which were good and hot drinks.
We were inform before hand that we could have meal of the day or sandwiches, but only offer sandwiches. But they were fine.
Dinner... Again good food, good chef. Lovely setting,
We're sad to leave, only happy that we've booked to go again,
Also places to walk near hotel without using your car.
Thank you to everyone you made us very happy and enjoyed our stay with you. Sandy and Brian.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and I am delighted that your Wedding Anniversary at Madeley Court was a memorable experience. We do value greatly your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeley
Best Western Valley Hotel
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Haughton Hall
Haughton Hall
#1 of 4 in Shifnal

Been to Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!