“Stunning”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madeley
Willenhall, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Attended a wedding on Sunday 05 May 2013. We arrived early and even though we couldn't check into our room, we were invited to use the hotel bar and look around the grounds. The hotel is set in stunning grounds. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and played a large part in assisting the bride and groom whilst they were having their photos taken i.e. holding glasses, handbags and making sure the brides dress was set right. My son and I had a twin room on the ground floor which was ideal, the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a full English buffet to a very good standard and very tasty. I would highly recommend staying at Madeley Court Hotel and intend to go back later in the year with my husband.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Many thanks for your high praise for Madeley Court. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Once again we had tea at the hotel. The soup was delicious (no roll).
The wine good. Sandwiches were smoked salmon and cucumber 2 small quarters each and two quarters of bread and butter (sorry egg - we think). Lashings of clotted cream and jam to cover cheap shop bought scones and bought lemon drizzle. Super soup and wine probably worth the entire money but it was supposed to be afternoon tea. Overall worth the small amount paid but full price never,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. Naturally, it is disappointing that food quality did not meet expectations overall.
Farnborough
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here on a 2 day break whilst visiting Ironbridge. Apart from breakfast we didn't eat at the hotel. My wife was concerned it might be a bit cold in the room, perhaps after reading older reviews. If anything it was the other way and we had to turn off the heating in the room to stop ourselves roasting ;) Room was clean and comfortable although a little on the small size but I guess that's the nature of a hotel in an old building. Staff were friendly and efficient, breakfast was ok but not brilliant, typical hotel buffet type affair, the menu for dinner looked good but I ate out both nights. Ample car parking adjacent to the main buildings.

On the second night the person in the room above kept pacing around and unfortunately we could hear their movements.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the area and it is very kind of you to make particular mention of my team. I do welcome your observations regarding breakfast so that we may continue to make improvements to our service standards.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A nice old fashioned hotel, had an interesting room during my stay although small it was very cosy and it was up in the roof of the building with large wooden beans and lovely old fashioned windows. Bed was hard and the roof in the bathroom made it difficult to stand in the shower. No lifts upstairs so had to carry 4 bags up a tight wooden winding spiral stair case.

Had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. My food arrived before my drinks order at dinner and the food was only of average quality for the price. I had to ask twice for my drinks and my bill at the end. At breakfast I was told my order for tea and coffee would be taken in a minute (don't understand why...) and 10 minutes later I decided to help myself to the buffet breakfast instead of waiting any longer. When she returned she asked if anyone had taken my order to which I told her no and said I needed to get to work and now didn't have time.

Not in the best location and down an unamed road fairly hard to find if you're not familiar with the area.

I won't be staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel and I am sorry that expectations were not met. Please do be assured that both myself and my team will be acting upon these comments as this is not the standard of hospitality and service that we strive to offer. Naturally, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss directly so please do not hesitate to contact me.
coventry
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very enjoyable stay in this hotel which is full of character; the all-inclusive deal was good value for money.
Parts of the hotel look a little tired and in need of some TLC, but the company are obviously in the process of smartening it up.
Despite there being a wedding on the Saturday, the room we were staying in was the quietest hotel room we have ever stayed in anywhere, in fact we were unaware of any of the wedding celebrations or guests as they were in a seperate annexe.
We had a ground-floor room overlooking the lake - the room, with its large bed, was very comfortable, and the ducks and Canada Geese resting outside our windows were very amusing.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The Saturday evening meal was very good; Saturday breakfast was very busy between nine and ten, but the numerous staff on duty made sure it ran like clockwork. Sunday evening meal and Monday breakfast were adequate.
The hotel is situated in an ideal place for anyone wishing to explore the Severn Valley / Ironbridge area. There are some nice walks to be had from the hotel. My wife and I will definitely return to undertake more walks in this lovely part of the country

Room Tip: Lake-view rooms suit us best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Madeley Court and I do thank you for your kind words, particularly on my team, which are appreciated. It is great to hear that you shall be returning and we do look forward very much to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Tees Valley
Reviewed April 14, 2013

First visist here for two nights in the Madeley Court to visit Ironbridge gorge and relatives. Lots of character in a nice setting. Good range of choice on the evening menu if a little overpriced but very tasty beef. Room was well appointed but being in the newer South Wing 1 it suffered from the door closures slaming the doors shut despite signs to the guests to close the doors gently. That and loftless pillows let down the sleep quality vote otherwise all very good. Gives easy access to all of the Ironbridge attractions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Naturally, I do welcome your observations regarding door closures and pillow quality which do be assured shall be investigated.
kidderminster
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 22/3/13 for one night, it was a special deal offer.
Upon entering the hotel, I was totally taken in by the surrounding and atmosphere.
The Staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough.
We had afternoon tea in the conservatory which was lovely.
Our Room which although was 2 floors up (stairs were very steep) was better than we could have asked for it was truly lovely.
We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal and again the food was great with a good choice.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant, there was quite a good choice of food and the staff very friendly.
All in all, this is one of the best hotel offering a truly lovely break I have had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that we offered such high levels of hospitality, service and food quality. Your comments are valued greatly and we do hope that we shall be welcoming you back to Madeley Court soon.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeley
Best Western Valley Hotel
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Park House Hotel
Park House Hotel
#2 of 4 in Shifnal

Been to Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!