“Ironbridge gorge visit”

Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madeley
Reviewed April 14, 2013

First visist here for two nights in the Madeley Court to visit Ironbridge gorge and relatives. Lots of character in a nice setting. Good range of choice on the evening menu if a little overpriced but very tasty beef. Room was well appointed but being in the newer South Wing 1 it suffered from the door closures slaming the doors shut despite signs to the guests to close the doors gently. That and loftless pillows let down the sleep quality vote otherwise all very good. Gives easy access to all of the Ironbridge attractions

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Naturally, I do welcome your observations regarding door closures and pillow quality which do be assured shall be investigated.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 22/3/13 for one night, it was a special deal offer.
Upon entering the hotel, I was totally taken in by the surrounding and atmosphere.
The Staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough.
We had afternoon tea in the conservatory which was lovely.
Our Room which although was 2 floors up (stairs were very steep) was better than we could have asked for it was truly lovely.
We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal and again the food was great with a good choice.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant, there was quite a good choice of food and the staff very friendly.
All in all, this is one of the best hotel offering a truly lovely break I have had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that we offered such high levels of hospitality, service and food quality. Your comments are valued greatly and we do hope that we shall be welcoming you back to Madeley Court soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a complimentary stay at the hotel after our wedding last year. It was a really lovely nights stay. I had morning sickness and the staff were so kind and helpful in offering to let me have breakfast early and a lady called Jen chatted to me as I was down so early on my own, she was really lovely!

I love the dining room, it's very medieval and atmospheric, breakfast was delicious although morning sickness meant I couldn't eat much of it.

We stayed in the Chapel which is a beautiful room with a gorgeous large bay window. The bathroom could do with a bit of cheering up but the room itself is amazing.

We had our wedding at Madeley court and I couldn't recommend it enough. Our wedding day was perfect, I wouldn't change anything!

Room Tip: Room 50 is good, but the historical rooms are very atmospheric. The historical rooms are a bit noisi...
1  Thank Pupmonkey
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words are appreciated greatly, particularly to make mention of Jen. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Madeley Court on the occasion of your Wedding Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is about okay for its grading but our room had a used drinks bottle by the bedside cabinet and an empty milk pod under the desk. These were not cleared despite our complaint. The room lacked any ambience and needed cleaning up and a lick of paint. The food was mostly tasteless and expensive. Tinned gratefruit and tinner oranges for breakfast - what an insult. Our double room was a triple and an unwanted bed does not make for a good ambience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I do apologise that your stay at the hotel did not meet expectations. Please do be assured that your comments have been acted upon so that the necessary improvements may be made.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spot on in every aspect.
The hotel has a nice oldy worldy charm about it in a lovely location.
Room is a good size with flat screen digital television, there is complimentary WiFi.
Staff were helpful in my needs.
Would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your review following your stay at Madeley Court. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return when next in the area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

there were a whole load of Mercure hotels giving an offer of 2 nights full board plus free house drinks between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.back in March '13 at approx. £100 per person( variable according to location ). My wife and I have for a long time wanted to spend a day at Ironbridge Museum - the site of the original industrial revolution, and this hotel was ideally situated just a couple of miles away. We arrived Sat.23rd March to find the area covered in a blanket of snow, but that was soon forgotten as we sat down to a soup and sandwich lunch in front of a log fire in this medieval building so full of character. The food was okay( breakfast superb! ), the room was cosy and comfortable and above all else the staff went out of their way to make you feel at home, frequently asking if everything was alright whenever you walked through the reception area. Initially we were put in a room outside the main building where the bedroom door opened directly out onto the freezing cold wind so we had that changed to one of the old rooms in the main building which was just fine. On the draught drinks front there was just John Smith bitter and Carlsberg lager - unless you wanted to PAY for Kronenberg 1664, however the house wine was decent. Apart from Ironbridge, Bridgnorth and Ludlow( a bit further ) are historic places that are well worth a visit. Would definitely go again on a similar deal

Room Tip: Go for the main building
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It is very pleasing to hear that your stay with us met expectations and I am encouraged by your observations regarding the hospitality offered by my team. I would agree that we are ideally located for the Ironbridge attractions and I do hope that we shall be welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a delightful hotel, full of character, charm and atmosphere. During our two night stay there was an incident, which was quickly rectified by the friendly and attentative staff. Our standard room was cosy and well equipped. Even though there were cigarette burns on the carpets we accepted this as our dog was staying with us and we often find that we are not always given best rooms in a hotel. I loved the oak panelling in the main building, surrounded by antiques and squeaking floorboard - this all adds up to the character of this wonderful historic building. Breakfast was self service and was fine and there was plenty of choice from the evening meal menu. The location of this hotel is wonderful with great walks around the hotel, ideal for our dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Madeley Court. I have noted yor observation regarding the carpet in your bedroom for investigation. It is very good of you to make mention of the attentiveness of my team and also breakfast and dinner service. Our location is ideal for dog walking and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Anthony Meadows

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeley
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel

Been to Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!