“Fantastic”

Blue Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After dying to try this restaurant for a long time we eventually visited on a works party. I can see why the place is so popular. There was lots to choose from on the menu. I had the garlic mushrooms to start and the tarragon chicken (without lemon) and it was delightful. I have no idea where they get the chicken from, it was huge! The staff were really friendly. Cant wait to go again

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this for my partner and I for our anniversary, it had come highly recommended by the elderly couple next door to us

Booked for 8pm and arrived to a que of people stood in the doorway and what looked like chaos ensuing from the waiter

Managed to get to the bar which is nice but a bit cramped and had a couple of drinks. It was about 15-20 mins before our table was free, there's little to.no privacy here, just an open room with lots of tables crammed in, a bit sad really as Macdonalds has more space!

The menu is straight from the 90's and shows, we chose the potted shrimps and a soup to start then a fillet steak and a chicken for our mains.

The soup was ok, very hot which made a change from a lot of places but the shrimps were a bit bland and lacked flavour. The mains, the steak was good, tasty and plenty of sauce but the chicken was over cooked and very dry despite the sauce with it. Plenty of veg choice and frozen chips to mop up the sauce tho.

We skipped dessert as we wanted to venture in to town so had a coffee, as coffee lovers it was a let down.

I can see why our elderly neighbours love the place now, it really does cater for them in decor and menu choice.

4  Thank Markfrenchy
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Having booked for 8:10pm our table was ready. Had to wait at least 20 minutes before the order was taken. 9:40pm the food arrived! We did receive one apology for the length of waiting time but what I object to is other people who arrive after you getting served first. The food was excellent however I ordered chicken with shrimps but the chef must have decided he/she didn't want to make another sauce as it came with the same sauce, including capers, as the trout. For the delay we were offered garlic bread which we were offered last time we visited! Because of the delay our friends missed their bus so we had to pay for a taxi instead! Overall the staff were helpful & friendly but booking times need to be reviewed to avoid over long delays. Due to the delay we had to purchase more drinks than normal which put the cost up.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Over many years and a few countries far and wide I can safely say this restarant is up there, beautiful tasting, plenty of choice enough on your plate to feed the most hungriest of guys & girls.
I am a new comer to this restarant but I seriously cannot say enough what a gem of a find..... Ps the table is yours for the evening which in my mind its well worth saving up and making it a special treat..... Just hope I can get a table for this Saturday !!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very good steaks, and the friendly, family like service is superb. We come here often - my husband keep dragging me back for those steaks which apparently are the best in lancashire! I think it is a husband and wife business - well done guys we always feel wonderful after leaving your place.

1  Thank rps0305