All reviews waterfront restaurant davy jones locker family party bar lounge dog friendly hotel sea view sea front kippers morecambe bay twin room full english stayed one night tea and coffee lovely hotel fish and chips well worth a visit enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

My third stay here and service outstanding again. I have a vegan diet and asked if a meal could be provided. Was given an asparagus risotto which was very tasty and should be added to their regular menu. Room refurbished with sea views. Honestly have had better service here than in 5* hotels I have stayed at.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Clarendon H, Manager at The Clarendon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback.

I am glad you found our asparagus risotto tasty, i will certainly pass this on to the kitchen for their consideration on their future menu.

I am also glad you enjoyed our refurbished seaview room. We are excited for the hotel refurbishment to be completed in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

Called for a drink or two over the Easter break. Lovely traditional hotel. Nice pleasant staff At prices good. We love Blonde beer. £.3 30 pint. Lovely! The hotel is being renovated at the moment all the bedrooms are being done and then they will start on upstairs. New owners . Hope it retains the traditional atmosphere. We have enjoyed food when we have eaten there .

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with feedback.

I am extremely proud of our team and the service they provide and i do agree that the Lancaster Blonde Real Ale is delicious.

You will be pleased to learn that our new owners also loves the traditional aspect of our historic building and they wish to keep it that way, they just want to refresh and modernize in order to keep up with customer expectations.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is OK but the Wi-Fi in the room doesn't work. The explanation was that the room was "too far away from the box". Not really acceptable in 2019.

Breakfast is decent. Location is decent. Just getting this review up to 200 characters with this last sentence to be honest.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with feedback.

I am glad you liked our breakfast and location of our hotel.

Due to the renovation works in the hotel, we've had to use repeaters to enable our guests to use our wifi.

I apologize if the signal isn't up to scratch in your bedroom. This is currently under review and will hopefully be up and running again once the renovation works is complete.

The member of staff was new to the team hence the "explanation" sounded disjointed. We will take your comments on board and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Clarendon very soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

As they are in the process of refurbishment at the moment and we were a quite large family group of Grandma, Grandpa, Mum dad, Baby and dog having decided last minute to visit Morecambe the staff worked hard to accommodate us,a "small" twin room was still larger than most Doubles offered by the Morecambe seafront hotels and with good thermostatically controlled radiators for keeping cozy, a nice En suite with good hot water and a strong shower we did fine, The "family double" room we also had was simply vast, with a gorgeous sea front view, the sunsets sitting on the chesterfield sofa in the room sipping a glass or two were marvellous. The rooms also had hairdryers, tea and coffee, Freeview TV and enough plug sockets to charge all of our technology. The Bar was nice to relax in, the restaurant food was amazing, I've been in hotels twice as expensive served food half as good, the evening waiter is a bit of a character but the service all round from all staff was perfect. In the evening there's a small sports bar in the basement called " Davey Jones Locker" They serve pub food that was incredibly good value (it is actually prepared in the Hotels kitchens so quality was awesome, the fish and chips and Cheese burgers and Curry we ate filled us right up. Also has a pool table in the Bar. Both the the hotel and the Bar allowed us to take our dog, (long haired rough collie) and all in all I would highly recommend this hotel if you don't want to "rough it" and wish to receive a better level of service on a break in Morecambe.

Room tip: sea views are the best, rear rooms are cheaper you just don't get the sunset views which are definitely worth paying the extra for.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking time out to provide us with such kind comments.

I am glad you and the family enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Clarendon very soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Just returned from two nights at the Clarendon which has been a favourite hotel of ours for nearly 10 years where we stay approx. 4/5 times a year. As usually everyone very friendly and helpful and food wonderful. The hotel is going through a refurbishment at moment and we stayed in one of the rooms which is almost complete. The room we stayed in was a beach themed room and congratulations to Jackie for her interior design skills, the colours are very relaxing and everything looks light and crisp even though the new furniture was not yet installed. People need to just bear with the hotel whilst the refurbishment is on going but like I said above this does not detract from the excellent, friendly and helpful service you get from Jackie and her team. Hope the rest of the work goes well and look forward to seeing the results when we return in June. Love Adele and David Fitchie

Room tip: Corner sea facing rooms are large and sunny
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Clarendon H, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Mrs Fitchie,

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

It was good to have you back with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again.

We are also excited about the refurbishment as we know that it is long awaited and that it will improve the already beautiful building that it resides in.