“No triumphs no disasters pub grub ”
Review of The Hurley Flyer

The Hurley Flyer
Ranked #59 of 120 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a very pleasant pre Christmas family meal here and I would definitely come back again when I'm looking for a nice easy suits everybody option for large family gatherings with screaming kids and picky aunts!
A descent menu with plenty of choice, good value for money not the most imaginative choices but you don't come to these places expecting amazing food.
I had a very tasty vegetable lasagne, which was well cooked, a little sloppy but this is pub grub and pub done well.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

First of all I should point out I have never felt the need to give anywhere a bad review, I've even previously given this place a glowing review but as the past two visits have been awful I need to write a second review.

Myself and some friends went for a lunchtime meal here on Thursday 19th December. The staff were extremely polite and friendly but unfortunately that's the only positive as the service and food was awful! Bearing in mind the place wasn't busy, we placed our order at 12.20pm, it hadn't arrived by one o'clock so we asked the waiter how much longer it would be and he said another 5 or 6 minutes, it actually took another 15 minutes for the food to arrive so in total we waited 55 minutes and we hadn't been told at the time of ordering that there would be a delay. The food arrived and the chips were disgusting and cold. We'd originally planned on ordering a dessert but there was no way we were going to wait even longer for the service. I emailed a complaint but was fobbed off with their usual rubbish about how they're sorry on this occasional standards fell below expectations. It wasn't a one off as I had a similar experience a few weeks earlier where the waitress spent twenty minutes ignoring me when I wanted the bill despite the fact she'd seen me trying to get her attention. The honeymoon period is definitely over for this place, it's doubtful I'll return!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We came as a party for a festive meal and we were shocked at how bad the main course was. The prawn cocktail starter was ok and the pudding was the redeeming feature, but oh dear the main course was awful. I had what was supposed to be the Turkey dinner, the meat was more like pork and was a strange colour and tasted awful, the veg was more or less uncooked and the potatoes dry.I cant even comment on the sausage and bacon. We will not be returning for another meal, it spoilt our afternoon. The staff were really nice and pleasant and couldn't be faulted.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Ordered drinks first..no problems...ordered food which took ages despite it being quiet. The gammon was excellent chips were like warm. Asked for runny eggs got hard ones. Wife's dinner was well cooked but portion was tiny.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Having had a meal before at the Hurley Flyer and found it lovely (about 3 months after opening) I was expecting the Festive meal to be lovely too. However although the starter (prawn cocktail) and dessert (caramel crunch sundae) were lovely, the main meal (turkey dinner) was awful. The turkey tasted more like pork and was covered in beef gravy, the vegetables were hard as if uncooked and the potatoes both boiled and roasted were dry, this spoilt the whole meal. Had better Festive meals at other places in the area doubt if we would visit again as it was not value for the money.