“Mayve caught them on a bad night.”
Review of The Hurley Flyer

The Hurley Flyer
Ranked #56 of 118 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just returned from meal. Arrived 6ish 1st August for a drink and sat outside in the sun whilst we awaited the arrival of another member of our party. Ordered around 6.30 and waited until 7.15 for our food to arrive. The pub was not busy on our arrival and we were not told of any long wait so 45 mins seemed excessive. Two of us out of 4 ordered starters but a ham and pineapple salad ordered as a main was brought out with said starters with no explanation. The waiter obviously assumed we would find our own cutlery as he wandered off without supplying this. I went to the barman who had neglected to advise of the waiting time and said we had a main with the starters a 45 min wait and no cutlery. He was apologetic and arranged for our main course to arrive swiftly. There appeared to be a manager in a blue shirt dishing food out and there was a young girl with a pink blouse with a clipboard appearing to try and organise proceedings indoors but both seemed oblivious to our poor service. I found the food average. It wasn't particularly filling and given our wait didn't do anything to diminish my disappointment. Okay on value but I would suggest avoiding the cattlearkey and going to a restaurant or picking up a take away over this place. When you dine out it is primarily to help you relax after work and enjoy a good service and some hearty food but I was disappointed.

3  Thank wickedwilk
There are newer reviews for The Hurley Flyer

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived about 5:25 on a Monday in the summer holidays, so we expected it to be busy, we got a table straight away, and the waiter we had was polite and good mannered, he made sure that we enjoyed our meals, When we ordered the drinks they arrived quickly, and so did the food which was both hot and delicious. The restaurant was clean and tidy. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We thought we would try The Hurley Flyer as friends had recommended it. We walked in and saw it was busy, but it was a Sunday afternoon. We found a table close to the door, a quiet place as my son doesnt like busyness or noise. We were then told 'we dont take food orders on that table today'. The tables next to it and surrounding were eating their Sunday dinner at that moment! We then went to look for another table and were told the same, with that we walked out and went elsewhere.

7  Thank samantha g
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived at midday Thursday not many customers in, our drinks order taken and delivered to table in minutes. Our two meals and side order were also quickly on the table both hot and generous portions.The staff we talked to liked the electronic ordering system they use, it seemed efficient when quiet. Being new the place was clean and in good order but as one reviewer commented there are only two disabled bays we used one and it was tight to reverse out of. I imagine the Flyer will have busy times, it is next to the football ground! We called in passing and if it is quiet will definitely go again as with many places if its too busy don't use it

Reviewed July 26, 2013

When I rang soon after they opened they told me that I could book a table, so today 26th July I rang to do so cannot book, but they did say there would be plenty of space for the two of us. We arrived at the time we had said, for a start I am disabled only 2parking spaces as I could see, no other spaces free close to the entrance. After entering they told us we would have to wait 20/25 mins. Not good enough, I realise its the start of the holiday season but no way was I going to wait. Wife and I drove to The Shrimp for a carvery, plenty of disabled parking and food was great. I may try Hurley Flyer at the end of the season but there plenty of alternatives in the surrounding area

9  Thank Nigel T