“good menu, good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Royal Bar

The Royal Bar
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The newly refurbished Royal Bar and Hotel. A family friendly seafront bar with a wide range of fine wines and cask ales. We also offer a fantastic food menu. All food is homemade by our head chef Roy Curragh. Come and join us in our elegant upstairs dining room with spectacular views overlooking Morecambe Bay
Heysham, United Kingdom
“good menu, good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

a very ood menu in a nicely done pub. the chef is excellent. great views over the bay from upstairs menu. Morecambe needs more of this type of place

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jumblestar

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Nice Local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed in Cockle Bay Cottage just minutes away so we popped in here regularly sometimes for a drink and sometimes for a meal, staff always friendly, and food really nice, a bit more special than the usual pub grub. Would recommend

Visited February 2013
Glos
“B&B stop in Febraury”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the Royal on Sat 23rd for a football weekend. When I booked I was a bit hesitant as, for a single room. it was £25 for the night - They don't do breakfast and it's off-season but still remarkably cheap. It said refurbished so I thought - why not. I was pleasantly surprised. I did get a double room and it had it's own bathroom with shower and was well decorated throughout. Tea/coffee in the room, TV, large wardrobe. They'd done a good job and very good vfm. If you want breakfast then cafes around and a Wetherspoons 50 yards away around the corner. You're also virtually opposite the Eric Morecambe statue. No car park but not really a problem in winter as on road parking.

• Visited February 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Scowling regulars = not feeling very welcome”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went in for some tea about 8pm the night when a band were supposed to be playing- Friday I believe....for about 30mins we were the only people in the whole place! Then some regulars came in, in particular one woman who kept scowling at us and was rude to my husband when he went to the bar. Made us feel very uncomfortable and we left without finishing our meals shortly afterwards.
Our starters were lovely, garlic bread with cheese and veg soup.
Mains were ok- Tuna melt wasn't very nice, spicy wedges ok, husband's scampi he said was ok, but as I mentioned we left because of the loud comments being directed at us from the bar.
The staff were fine, the girl serving was lovely, the guy behind the bar didn't want to be there I don't think.
Would we go back? No. But is was beautiful inside and therefore a shame.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good singing duo, good bunch of people. Bar staff came round with free spicey wedges (very nice) and garlic bread.

Visited February 2013