“Food good ”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good ”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went for a quick lunch ,was quite busy I'm not one for complaining but there was only one server on duty two people behind the bar and they never lifted a finger to help the bloke at all I just thought it was wrong ! He was running around like in idiot fly the restaurant as full and the 'managers' were not helping him at all now I work in the trade as a chef and I no it's hard work but from where I come from there's no I in team my wife also over heard the chap behind the bar speak to the server as if he was something on the bottom of his shoes in front of the whole restaurant and thought it was wrong it sounded look he was picking on him to me you don't speak to staff the way he did just sayin that's all we will go again coz the food was good

1 Thank Tom R

Morecambe
“Quite simply the best in Morecambe.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good beer at reasonable prices. Warm and comfortable. Decent food and a good quiz on wednesday nights.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Barry M
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Reliable Pub Grub for all age groups”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This pub has steadily improved over the last ten years - especially so since the current landlord arrived with his wife and family. The place has gone from a blokes-only sort of pub to the sort of place where 'ladies who lunch' of mature years feel happy. It has plenty of attraction still for the thirsty workers popping in for a pint, but it has spread its appeal to include trendy young girls, family groups and pensioners (who have a special menu during the middle of the day).

When it is at its busiest it may not be the place for speedy service - but at quieter times the staff are very efficient and attentive. We deliberately arrive outside the rush hour and have had good experiences of the food (usually sticking to pub standard fare such as gammon and chips or jacket potato with beans and bacon).

Visited December 2013
2 Thank G and B R
Morecambe
“Nice surroundings, poor service.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We visited for the first time today, arriving at 12.45pm amidst quite a lunchtime rush by the look of things.
The menu was quite extensive and had a few things I've not seen elsewhere.
For a starter 3 of us shared 'Mucky Chips' a lovely combination I've not seen elsewhere, chips, cheese, jalapenos, onions with mayonnaise mustard - divine. Unfortunately we waited an hour for it, I can only put this down to lack of staff as I've been plenty of places just as busy at lunchtime but never had such a long wait!
The steak my daughter ordered was supposed to be medium rare but was totally rare in the middle, so she only managed the outside edges we didn't sent it back as we didn't have time to wait for another. My steak baguette was a little bland and we were not asked if we wanted any sauces, had to ask for mustard to spice it up a bit. Portion sizes were decent.
I may go back but would probably go mid afternoon when there is less likely to be a rush.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank christiesgal
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Poor food and staff”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went to the pub to celebrate a birthday.......what an error!!!
The pub was not full but service was awful - as was the food.
The meals all came at different times- 15 minutes between the first and last meal, Not satisfactory. When we complained to the waitress she shrugged her shoulders!!!!

One meal was stone cold and when it was sent back to the kitchen we expected a fresh meal- the waitress told us it had been microwaved.

Give this place a miss. It used to be good.

• Visited October 2013