“Old station”
Review of The Platform

The Platform
Ranked #6 of 24 things to do in Morecambe
More attraction details
Owner description: The Platform is a dedicated live performance venue, uniquely situated in a restored Edwardian railway station on Morecambe promenade. A variety of entertainment is on offer throughout the year from top acts and comedians. The Platform host a variety of festivals and community events, including the Morecambe Kite Festival. The Platform is owned and managed by Lancaster City Council. Keep up to date with the latest news on Facebook or sign up to receive our e-newsletter online. Please do not confuse our entertainment venue with the Station restaurant next door.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Venue for past it acts that can't get decent places to perform or no longer have a great fan base,I visited when some open day was on full of the elderly and stank of pee..

Reviewed July 22, 2013

On Saturday the Platform had alternative health and other stalls, I had a 'standing up' reflexology experience for £5, would recommend it!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

great venue, they have booked some great acts and its just a cosy laid back place to watch a band. Good bar not to expensive. The sound level is always just right, loads of parking and great location.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hubby and I went to see Stacey Kent (again - she is amazing!), as a late Christmas gift for me.

I thought the venue was lovely - it was warm and cosy, so close to the stage we were almost up there too yet it didn't feel cramped. I liked the tables and chairs at either side of the main seating, though we chose to sit near the front.

The acoustics were great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Drinks were fairly reasonably priced although hubby said the lager was watered down. I was going to buy a glass of wine but was helpfully advised that a (screwcap) bottle was better value. I took this option, with a couple of glasses so we could finish the bottle at our hotel later.

One of the thing that I loved most was that the bar was shut during the performance. There is nothing more annoying than trying to watch the performance when people are getting up and down, trying to squeeze past every five minutes and generally not giving the performers the respect or attention that is due to them while they are trying to entertain you.

A big thumbs up for The Platform!

(We didn't try the food or any other facilities).

We would thoroughly recommend The Berkeley guest house (just a 9 minute walk away) which was homely, squeaky clean and did a fantastic breakfast.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been here several times, they have good artists on and the building is also used for other activities such as plays, dramas, brass bands. Well worth a visit