“nice little cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“nice little cafe”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice little cafe that has the advantage of being dog friendly.
Home made food at decent prices and worth a visit

Visited April 2014

Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Crap service no food”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went to this cafe about three weeks ago no problem only two other tables 30 min wait for average food but nice coffee
190214 was my dads birthday
8 of us went for lunch including my 8 year old nephew and 9 year old niece
We were extremely patient waiting despite being hungry
We waited an hour in a cafe where there were only five tables at the most by the hour if awaiting only three in use
No apology for the wait by the one waitress
Finally I went to complain only for the waitress to tell he thd problem was the chef was so slow the manageress was having her day off
At thus point barry the chef can't out if the kitchen to say he was the owner!!!! A real Gordon Ramsey nightmare moment
After thus hour wait I asked him how long dud he think 8 meals could be ready
He said he couldn't say!!! He hadn't got a clue
We left straight away as did people on two other tables which left the cafe empty
On thus showing it will remain empty and its reputation shattered
We won't go back there despite its 5 star kitchen clean rating
It means nothing if you can't cook food on time and treat customers with respect
It scores 0 out of 5 never mind the ones
I've spread this far and wide through Facebook and twitter

• Visited February 2014
lancashire
“confused.com!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

What a disappointment. We have been here before and had a wonderful experience but this visit could not have been more different. We had two hot drinks and my partners spoon had chewing gum ob it! Vile! We decided on soup and a roll as we only had an hour before we had to leave. 40 minutes later we were still waiting!!! I went and asked the waitress and she said its on its way. Bear in mind there was only one other table in the entire cafe! Hardly a rush! Ten minutes later we got our rolls but still no soup! We couldn't wait any longer as we had to pick up our son so we had to leave hungry and very confused. What could possibly be so complicated about warming up a couple of bowls of soup?! I just can't get my head round it! As i said we have visited before and have loved the food and service. We actually come from Preston to visit the area and went in there based on past experiences. We can only deduce that the owner was absent and left it in some not very capable hands. Oh dear, how many other customers would be as annoyed as we were. And not even a sorry for your wait or have the drinks on us. Really poor service. I am actually disappointed because i thought it was a lovely cafe but i will never go back now.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank handyandpunky
Morecambe
“Disappointing mid afternoon snack”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I visited The Lodge on 3 February, 2014. We have both been before together, and separately, and have been happy with the food and drink served. The premises appears clean, decor average.

The two cups of coffee were good and my wifes bread and butter pudding average. I ordered an apple pie, with cream, at £2.75; when this arrived, I was suprised to see what looked like a small Mr Kiplin type pie, the crust was thick with little filling - not what you would expect at even cheaper prices.

We will not visit The Lodge again as the quality is not consistant and at £9 we can obtain much better elswhere.

As we live in Morecambe, we could have visited The Lodge again and again, but we are spoilt for choice in Morecambe and will try other venues in future where we are assured a better portion at a better price and quality.

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Little Cafe”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch here.The soup was very tasty and our puddings were a delight. The service wad very good too.