“Good for lunch”

Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visited at lunch time and not too busy, had the fish finger sandwich and I thought it was good. 4 others in our party and we all enjoyed our meals: hot pot, cheese baguette, chicken in a basket and the gammon. 2 of our party shared the desert platter, very nice. Staff very pleasant too which is a big plus for me. nothing too much trouble especially Sammi. Shame it was a wet day as garden area is very nice and overlooking canal.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Its Sat 22nnd March just had a great meal this afternoon 5 Adults and 2 children one only 14 months, staff could not have been more friendly and help full we had 7 different meals and every one was perfectly cooked and delivered at the same time. The staff went out of the way to make us welcome. This is the second time we have visited and although we live 60 miles away we would still come here if we were in the area. you must try this Inn you won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have eaten here a few times now and have found the food to be excellent and the staff are always very friendly and hard working.
The last time I went was New years eve. I did expect there to be a band on or something, but there was no entertainment - unless we missed it ....
But the food was excellent as always and it was a great atmosphere, and you weren't made to feel like they were waiting for you to leave, like in some places... you could stay as long as you wanted, no mithering you for the table back to get an extra cover in...
It's in a great location by the canal, and in the summer we have visited and sat in the gardens.
We have even thought about buying it as it's up for sale - but it's not within our price range!!

I usually have a steak when I go here - they are very succulent and very well cooked - my partner likes the venison and tells me its cooked to perfection... I have never tried it though...

Not too expensive either - you get what you pay for in my opinion, and this place is worth the money.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have been before and enjoyed it but the staff were unfriendly bordering on rude. Fish finger sandwich is not a fish finger sandwich but a fish goujon sandwich. Food took nearly 50 minutes to come with no apology and 2 of the parties meals took about 5 minutes longer than the others. The waitress seemed like she just couldn't be bothered and everything was an effort! Overpriced for very mediocre food. A shame but we won't go back.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited following a great day out on a Saturday, I and although it was busy the service and food remained quality!
Local produce and high quality cooking, which was a mix of traditional but with an edge, a bit like home cooking but taken to another level! Brilliant venue, excellent food and quality service! We'll definitely visit again and recommend to anyone!

1  Thank fattmort