“Good honest food, reasonable prices.”
Review of Hest Bank Inn

Hest Bank Inn
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have dined here on several occasions. The menu offers a great selection of foods, they even have scampi and chips in a basket. The young waitresses are pleasant, but need some extra training. We struggle to attract their attention and their knowledge of the menu is poor. When we asked about the range of lager one simply replied "I don't know"- but didn't bother to find out. Thank heavens we weren't mid meal!
Don't let this put you off, the food is excellent and beautifully present. Hopefully next time we go it will be served correctly and we will be greeted, upon arrival, and shown to our table.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Love the Hest Bank, always a warm welcome. Great pub quiz, superb food and great beers. Menu has a great range of food for all appetites and tastes. Food always freshly cooked and beautifully presented.

1  Thank MagsJC
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went with two of my friends on steak night and ordered the 12 oz sirloin. It was great value and the steak was huge. The service was slick and quick and I had my food (cooked to perfection) within 15 minutes.

The steak was thick and tender and perfectly seasoned, the portabello mushroom with the crust was the perfect accompaniment and added a extra dimension to the texture of the dish.

The salad was fresh, diverse and served separately in a very attractive bowl which stopped the very tasty juices of the steak running into the crisp onions and lettuce making them soggy.

I also ordered a green pepper corn sauce along side my dish which was plentiful and was able to be divided three ways, it was creamy and just peppery enough to tickle the throat but not overwhelm and smother the deep meaty taste of the well matured sirloin.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and had devoured the lot, I was that impressed I decided to get a dessert.

For desert I ordered the cheese board as I do not have a great sweet tooth. Once again I was impressed with the amount for price ratio. There were a selection of different stiltons, cheddar and Brie, along side celery apple and frozen grapes which help beautifully to clean the palet between cheeses.
Over all the service was quick and cheerful and price was very reasonable, but I was mostly impressed with the immaculately presented, perfectly seasoned plates of food that were cooked with precise professionalism.

Great place I'd recommend to anybody

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My Partner and I visited the Hest Bank for a quick lunch, after a well kept pint of cask and a lovely cheeky red we ate. Food was fantastic and what a way to serve a homemade burger on a wooden block with a crisp salad drizzled with a lovely dressing and a novelty basket of fries, The staff are very freindly a lovely young lady was very prompt and polite while serving us.
The pub has just undergone a refurbishment and retained all of its lovely charms and character.
Excellent value, I could go on but you must see for yourself I will definately visit again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice evening meal and drinks sat infront of a warming log burner. Friendly atmosphere and welcoming staff. Scampi in a basket was as expected an didn't leave any room for dessert. Festive menu looks good @ £22 for 3 courses