“Just what Morecmabe needs”

Aspect Bar & Bistro
Ranked #22 of 114 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Designer inspired modern Cocktail Bar & Bistro with outstanding view over Morecambe Bay to the Lakeland Fells.Serving sublime Cocktails and Fabulous top notch food at sensible prices. Our focus is on quality and locally sourced ingredients such as the Award Winning Mrs Dowsons real dairy ice-cream and our Morecambe Bay potted Shrimps.Our Cocktail Bar is Open all day everyday from 8am until 11pm and your welcome to enjoy a freshly ground coffee or one of our fantastic Cocktails.
Morecambe
“Just what Morecmabe needs”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Now first of all i'm a local lad and I do know the family, in fact we help my mothers wake here before it underwent its transformation. but pulling no punches, if I didn't like it I would have said. I visited with my sister on a dreary Tuesday night, but the welcome was warm and friendly, and as it was quiet we were given a lerger than necessary table with an excellent bay view. In fact it is worth visiting just for the view if you wanted a coffee. The service was prompt, courteous and informative. The menu was varied and well priced and the choice of drinks was above average. We opted for a small starter each, i went with potted shrimps and my Sister had the King prawns with noodles in a satay sauce. To bolster the starter we shared bread and olives. It arrived promptly, and everything was delicious. Main courses comprised of Pork Medallions for my Sister and pasta and meatballs for myself (a particular favourite of mine). The pasta was nicely cooked and seasoned, the meatballs (6) were superb. My sister enjoyed her medallions with mash and green beans (the beans are served al dente, but that was perfect for us, still has the nutrients in). We both had pudding with my sister opting for the apple crumble with lancashire cheese ice cream and myself the ice cream selection. everything was washed down with a lager, a G&T, a bottle of Chilean Merlot and a coffee for my sister, and the price was a shade over £60, whcih for what we had was excellent value for money. This is a relatively new place (open for 12 months) and is a new venture for th owners. It deserves to be patronised by local people. I still think that some people don't realise it is there!!! So if you want a coffee with a great view call in, If you you want a cocktail or a beer after a long day at work get there, if you want a good meal, well made with quality produce and reasonable prices come on down, and I believe they will still cater for parties, and with the starters being able to be enjoyed as TAPAS style dishes the menu is varied enough for everyone!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JohnnyHMorecambe
BFHotels, Manager at Aspect Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Johnny H

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro.
We're delighted to read that you and your sister had a thoroughly enjoyable meal with us.

Aspect's elevated position overlooking Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland fells gives our customers unrivalled views over what has to be some of the worlds best scenery, not forgetting the fabulous sunsets.

Many of our customers rave about our Morecambe Bay shrimps, hand picked and cooked without own blend of butter and spices. In keeping with our Taste Lancashire 'Highest Quality Assured' accreditation, all of our dishes are home-made and we source locally from accredited suppliers.

Thank you once again for your review, I will ensure it is passed around our team as they do a fantastic role in making an enjoyable dining experience for our customers.

• Polish first
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went with a party of 8 to celebrate my birthday, never been and can honestly say it was well worth the visit, the food was the best I've have had in a very long time, everyone had nothing but high praises, 6 of us had the tapas with sangria and a couple had the rump steak followed by desserts. You should be proud, will be spreading the word around and be sure we will be coming again in the future. Thanks again for making my birthday a special one.x

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Nicola W
BFHotels-Lothersdale, Manager at Aspect Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Nicola,

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro. We're delighted to hear that you had a fabulous Birthday and that your party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed the mix of Tapas and Steaks.

Our home-made Sangria is from our own recipe, made fresh on the day and has been well received during the cold weekends in January, it goes really well the 5 Tapas and for just £20.00 is fabulous value.

Thank you once again for your kind words, I've passed it around the team here who are all pleased you that they could make your Birthday a special event for you.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“high quality without the pomp and ceremony”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ate here both nights during my stay it was that good. The chips are great, you can tell theyre home made and my steak cooked to perfection and really tasty as well. Prices are good although I was on expenses I still had to buy my own drinks which are reasonably priced. Second night I had the local shrimps and tried the vennison which i'd never had before. Wasnt sure about the chocolate sauce but it really does go well with the vennison.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank AndyJo-Manny
Hi AndyJo-Manny

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro. We're really pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us on both nights.

Our twice cooked hand cut chips are extremely popular with some of our diners opting for them instead of our Dauphinoise or Fondant potatoes. All of our meats are supplied from local farms who guarantee both the quality and origin of the cuts we use.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to us.

Mike
“There is quality in Morecambe”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ate here when visiting relatives in the town and on their recommendation we went for the tapas. Food was perfect and the shrimps were the best we'd tasted. A good choice of starters and main dishes unlike most places that just offer steak and chicken

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ArkingP
Hi ArkingP

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words following your visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro.
We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us and thoroughly enjoyed your food.

Our shrimps are traditionally caught in Morecambe Bay then hand picked before being cooked in our own special recipe of butter and spices, one of our customers likes our shrimps so much that he travels up from Preston and orders Shrimps for starter, then as a side with his main course and then another portion instead of a dessert.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent as per usual”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

i have been here many times over the years and every time it just keeps getting better, the refurb looks brilliant and really brings the place up to date.
the staff here are a really great bunch very friendly, very proffesional and willing to assist you
the rooms are well equipped clean and very reasonably priced
now the food is top notch, i have not yet tried the full menu but what i have had has always been spot on and the home made cheesecake is the best i have ever tasted
overall i would reccomend this place to anybody, you will not be dissapointed

• Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Marc B