“Cant Fault the Berkeley”

Berkeley GuestHouse
Ranked #2 of 25 Morecambe B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here- the room was clean and warm with all the furniture fairly new, the owner told me they were planning to replace some of this to make the room layout better, good to see that they are always looking to improve. The cooked breakfast was very nice and made fresh to order there is also a wide variety of cereals available. The public areas are very modern and of a high standard I wouldn’t mind staying here with family for a few days.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hi Francis thanks for your review it was lovely to have you here. we have made a few changes since you have last been here, hope we get to see you soon all the the best.
Mal Colette & Thomas

Reviewed December 9, 2012

just got back from weekend in morecambe always stay at berkely whenever i visit, only £25 for room, room is always pristine, tv, shower, tea and coffee, colette and mal very friendly and welcoming. full english breakfast and as much toast, coffee and juice as you can eat, bargain. seaside view, highly recommend.

Room Tip: all rooms fully equped and newly decorated
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

You two dont waste any time do you?
Missed you for breakfast this morning, next time.
Thanks for the kind review and it appears you got home ok. Hope the car didnt cost too much to get repaired.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend and had a great time. Friendly staff with a family feel. Breakfast was great, room clean and comfy, slept like a log. The bar has a friendly feel and the company was good. There are plenty of places to visit, lake district just up the road, outlet village for shopping. Places to eat nearby. The beach is opposite and bracing walk minutes away. Do not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: higher floors at the front for a great view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Hi Joy,
Thanks for the review and kind words. It was so nice to see you after all these years and we both hope you dont leave it as long until next time.
Work continues on the rooms and hopefully, they will all be complete by spring. All looking new and modern.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at The Berkeley Guest House and had a lovely lovely time. I went up for business and then spent a few days to unwind and I did!
The bar is great, I must say, and Mal and Colette were a lot of fun! I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfasts and evening meals.... There was plenty of it. I got a good nights sleep too, my room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were great too. Loving Thomas by the way, what a great lad! Thanks for the sambucca evening too!!!! Happy days LOL See you all soon> Laurie M

Room Tip: I have stayed in several different rooms and cannot fault any, but if you want a great view ask for...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

It was great to see you again and thanks for helping out with the social side of things due to my injury.
You should all keep in touch with each other and hire a mini bus next time you all decide to visit Morecambe.
Thats what we call coincidence when 3 parties book the same weekend and all live so close to each other without knowing it. You will have to make it the London reunion weekend next time.
Hope you can make New Year!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I always stay at The Berkeley in Morecambe. Due to business it is sometimes together and sometimes seperately. I myself stayed there in October and I cannot say enough about my stay.
My breakfast and evening meal was always really nice and plentiful! The bar was a great place to unwind in the evenings, Mal & Colette the owners always there with a smile, and were excellent company. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they are a lovely couple who make you feel very welcome. My room was lovely and clean and very comfortable too. The staff were also very friendly. I highly reccomend this guest house. Ilook forward to my next visit. John Mitchell

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks Lorraine for taking time to review our guest house.
We seem to have hit the right note with you and the other guests from your area. We couldnt believe that you lived only a few miles from each other. Now you have new friends down there as well as up here.
See you again soon.
Mal, Colette, Thomas and the staff

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had to go to Morecambe on my own due to family reasons. The owners and staff at The Berkley made me feel very welcome, they helped me with certain things I had to do whilst there. I cannot thank them enough. I never felt awkward or alone. The food was excellent & plenty of it! My room was lovely and clean, and very comfortable! Nothing was too much trouble for them. I will most certainly go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012

So nice to see you again. It shows we are doing something right if people like yourselves keep coming back.
We hope the reason for your trip was resolved but dont let it keep you away.
Kind regards
Mal, Colette, Thomas and the staff

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great stay again, my second visit here, perfect room, comfy warm bed and such a lovely welcome from Mal and Colette and staff, This time i was visiting solo as was going to a wedding
and before i left for the wedding what a lovely breakfast to start the day, great stay, spotless and friendly..many thanks guys you doing a fantastic job, marie x

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi Maria,
Nice to see you travelling alone this time. Seems you enjoyed your day and evening at the wedding..
Sorry to hear that you cant make New Year, maybe next year. The package seems to have become very popular and we are now fully booked.
See you next time.