“The Owners & staff were very welcoming & helpful with my room being excellent”

Berkeley GuestHouse
Ranked #2 of 25 Morecambe B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had to go to Morecambe on my own due to family reasons. The owners and staff at The Berkley made me feel very welcome, they helped me with certain things I had to do whilst there. I cannot thank them enough. I never felt awkward or alone. The food was excellent & plenty of it! My room was lovely and clean, and very comfortable! Nothing was too much trouble for them. I will most certainly go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

So nice to see you again. It shows we are doing something right if people like yourselves keep coming back.
We hope the reason for your trip was resolved but dont let it keep you away.
Kind regards
Mal, Colette, Thomas and the staff

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great stay again, my second visit here, perfect room, comfy warm bed and such a lovely welcome from Mal and Colette and staff, This time i was visiting solo as was going to a wedding
and before i left for the wedding what a lovely breakfast to start the day, great stay, spotless and friendly..many thanks guys you doing a fantastic job, marie x

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi Maria,
Nice to see you travelling alone this time. Seems you enjoyed your day and evening at the wedding..
Sorry to hear that you cant make New Year, maybe next year. The package seems to have become very popular and we are now fully booked.
See you next time.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband go back every year, staff lovely. Great location right opposite water, shops and bars close by. Very clean, rooms are lovely, cant fault this hotel at all, just like being home from home.

See you next year :))

• Stayed: September 2012
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Nice to see you again La La. You are most welcome anytime AND the blue nose husband. We enjoy the banter regarding the football.
It was nice of you to comment on the changes you noticed upon arrival. We are trying but it takes time especially when we are so busy. There will be more by your next visit.
Keep safe

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in the adjoining room on top floor with my dad and 20month old daughter. We came to visit relatives. The rooms were spotless couldn't fault the cleanliness. The beds we so warm and comfortable. We had tea and coffee facility's in our room as well. I liked the way our room had 2 T.Vs in as well. I liked the way the room way decorated, which was the theme thougout the whole of the guest house. It felt fresh and modern but homely at the same time. The breakfast was perfect so much to chose from, without the feeling of I can't decide what to have! The coffee was perculated which is just what I need first thing in the morning. My dad had a lovely big pot of tea as well. For my daughter she was offered a fruit shoot which was perfect for her age. The owners seemed really nice and you can really tell they enjoy what they do! Just a shame we could only stay for 1night, but we will be back hopefully for longer!

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi Charlotte,
Thanks for your review. Glad to hear everything was to your liking. When the weather is bad, the second tv in the family room can be a godsend for the kids.
We do hope you can make it for longer next time.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the third year we have stayed in The Berkeley and it just gets better. A warm welcome from the beginning got the weekend off to a great start. Rooms have been refurbished since last year and the colour scheme in our room was lovely and very thoughtfully out together. Breakfast great as usual and Mal and Collette and staff could not be more friendly and helpful. Prices very competitive. Thanks for a great weekend and hope the puppy is settling in - thank you for letting me have a cuddle (of the dog that is!).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thanks Salspoon for reviewing our guest house in such a positive way. Who comes up with the names on here?
Glad you like the changes we have made over the last 3 years. Cant believe we have been here 3 years already. It certainly looks 100% better than when we bought it. Its an on going job though and you will notice more changes next year.
Unfortunately the pup had to go as both me and Thomas were allergic to dogs and didnt know until we bought her. Maybe i'll get the cuddle next year!!
Best wishes

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was my second stay at the Berkeley in the last two years, and can not fault the comfort,of the rooms, the price,and friendlyness, of the staff and owners, Colette & Mal, who all make you so welcome, (this has not allways been the case at some locations I have stayed over the years)I found the cleanliness here, in all aspects second to none.
The Berkeley's location & frontage provide excellent views across Moirecambe Bay, & the Cumbrian mountains.
I do intend to visit Morecambe again next year,& I will be staying once more at the Berkeley, and finaly I must say I will give it a 10 out of 10 recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hi Geddon. Thanks for you most kind review of our guest house. It was good to see you again and thanks for choosing the Berkeley for your stay.
It doesn't take much to keep a place clean as long as it is maintained. All down to Colette.
Look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

An excellent 2 night stay, a very family oriented establishment with cheery staff and propietors, Mal and Colette.
Very clean, bright and welcoming rooms with good facilities.
Excellent full english breakfast

A very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeleymorecambe, Owner at Berkeley GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thanks for your kind review Steve. It must be odd staying somewhere when you can virtually see where you live even though it is miles away.
It was good to see you after all this time and hope you can make again soon.
Regards