“nice weekend”

Bay Strathmore Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Morecambe
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay here, a lovely room on the first floor looking out over Morecambe Bay, with the fantastic views.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, kettle and tea and coffee were provided, also a hair dryer. Lots of wardrobe and drawer space too. The bathroom was spotless, and if I had one criticism it would be the lack of instruction on how to operate the shower, however my husband sorted it for me, and there was hot water in plenty.
The restaurant was very pleasant and no grumbles at all about the food which was good and plentiful

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank annemLeeds
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear annemLeeds

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend break with us and I hope to welcome you back to Morecambe in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just come back from a weekend at The Strathmore the hotel is in a good location and the views are lovely .The staff cant do enough for you special mention for our waitress leyla who was just smashing .Very good value for money one issue THAT DAMMED LIFT We were on the 3rd floor and if the door was not closed right on other floors you could not use it . We are looking forward to coming back Sue from leeds

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SUE317
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear SUE 317

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore and I have passed on your praise to Lai and all of the staff. Thank you for taking the time to post your great review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Strathmore Hotel.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a self drive 3 night break. Like most Bay hotels it needs a little TLC but overall it was a very good stay. Didn't both to upgrade as we were there for only 3 nights but the room we were allocated (114) was very clean as was the bathroom, no complaints at all. Restaurant was 1st class from the choice of menue to the service, it was as good as any 4 star hotel. Entertainment on the Friday evening, Bruce Mclaren was excellent, Saturday evening not so good but no entertainment on the Sunday evening. Hotel is situated on the sea front about half a mile from the town centre which can be a problem for the less mobile. Right outside the hotel is a bus stop where you can catch a bus to Lancaster, Carnforth and Kendall,all worth a visit so make use of those bus passes. The hotel staff from the top to the bottom deserve a special mention because they try their hardest to make your holiday one to remember, I never saw one miserable face, well done all of you. Overall a very good value for money short break, give it a try, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Eric H
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Eric H.

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore Hotel. I have passed on your praise to all of the staff and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

had a lovely weekend food lovely waitress was excellent lila was very helpfull and very polite room was very clean and cosy saturday night was awful singer allan robyns was very insulting to guests and could not sing a note there were four of us at hotel from newcastle and he said are yous from eastwick we left lounge at the interval we are not witches mr robyns there is no televison in lounge or internet at hotel needs updating we stayed march 8 to 10 213 norma maureen joan elsie

Room Tip: sea view are lovely higher floor less noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Kevin R
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Kevin R

I am pleased that you found Lai helpful and very polite she is delighted to have received your praise. I am also pleased that your room was to your liking, I have noted your comments about the entertainment and I apologise for any offence to your party. Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Strathmore in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here on 4 day coach trip with National March 8-11th. Hotel on sea front, very clean and comfortable although a bit 'tired' in places. Bedroom and bathroom clean - although shower head needed attention (reported to reception). Entertainment: Bruce Mclaren - what a superb voice and lovely funny man, a really great first night, Saturday - Al Robson - dreadful - but apparently he's not a regular so hopefully you wont have to endure his singing or poor humour. But the best thing is the meals - amazing quality and choice and lovely friendly attentive staff. -I AM WHEAT/DAIRY FREE and Kath our waitress was wonderfully helpful, i always bring my own food - ie cereal, soya milk, bread and desserts etc and usually struggle to find something suitable to eat. But the Strathmore liaised with me from the first meal, they had bought in soya milk, bread and gluten free gravy etc. Kath went thru the menu choices and, with the chefs help, switched things round on the menu so i was ok at every meal. This is an absolute first and it took the stress off so i could enjoy my meals knowing everything had been checked with the chef. Well done Kath and Chef, it really was much appreciated. Thankyou so much. Would i come back to the Strathmore? - absolutely yes!!! xx

Room Tip: Friends had sea-view, but traffic noise disturbed them, ours was at rear and was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hell0chris
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear hell0chris

I am delighted that you found your dietary requirements catered for while staying at the Strathmore Hotel. Our food and beverage team take great pride in catering for all of our guests needs. Thank you for your kind review and I hope to see you again soon at the Strathmore Hotel.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I went here w/c February 4th for 5 nights on a Shearings coach break. The hotel was quite "tired" in it's decoration but even so it was clean and warm and very well run. It would have been nice to have a modern TV with Freeview.
The food was 100% perfect with amazing choice every day-I could have chosen all of offer of all the courses it was so varied! The dining room is very nice with good furnishings and the waiting staff superb.
The reception staff were OK but not too knowledgeable about bus time tables etc. I guess English was not the first language for some of them. Many great bus routes are available from Lancaster (a bus outside the door goes every 15 minutes to there which is a few miles away); we can especially recommend the bus route to Kirkby Lonsdale which is about an hour through wonderful scenery, but I cannot guarantee the snow capped mountains in the sunshine, like we saw. It would have been good to have bus time tables on display in the lobby; great to have a bus stop outside the hotel door. Wifi would have been much appreciated or even a public computer to use.
The setting is lovely overlooking Morcambe Bay. We recommend a walk along the stone jetty to take sunset photos; we froze in the bitter wind but it was well worth it.
The evening entertainment was very good; just nice, casual middle of the road stuff with good music. The 4 drink tokens were great; such an amazing selection.
Overall the hotel is very well run and credit is due to the manager and all the staff team :)
Here's to the next coach tour with Shearings!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Groovy1950

Dear Groovy 1950

Thank you for your great review. I have passed on your praise to all of my great team! I am delighted that you enjoyed the surrounding area and I agree that the sunset over Morecambe Bay is spectacular; it is one of the best I have ever seen. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel where I can show you some of the improvements planned for later this year.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited this hotel for a weekend break in January 2013 we found the staff very friendly but the hotel could do with some re-decoration. It was good value for money and the meals were typical of a hotel that serves coach trips. Morecambe itself has a good promenade and is a good base for some walks, we did not see it at its best due to the time of the year and the weather. Morcambe itself is doing its best to entice visitors but there is little to attract you into the town centre but we enjoyed the break. Note we paid £5 for the hotel car park but there was no need as there was lots of road side parking available at the time of year when we visited.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NeilandHeather
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Neil and Heather

Thank you for your review. I agree that the weekend breaks offer good value. I am pleased that you enjoyed the promenade in Morecambe; there are some spectacular views right across Morecambe Bay towards the Lakeland Fells. I hope to see you again in the future.

Matt Peacock

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Headway Hotel
#1 of 10 in Morecambe
Travelodge Morecambe Hotel
Travelodge Morecambe Hotel
#4 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to Bay Strathmore Hotel? Share your experiences!