Bay Strathmore Hotel
    The Midland(Morecambe)
    Royal Kings Arms(Lancaster)
    • Restaurant
    View Hotel
    All reviewsour waitershearings hotelsself driveshearings holidaycoach drivernational holidaysinclusive breaksea viewbar managerweekend breakevening entertainment was excellentmeal timesenjoyable holidaymonday to fridayevery eveninglake districtsuperior room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 12, 2013

My Wife and I celebrated bringing in the New Year with a return visit to the Strathmore, had a great time,good food, attentive service and good company,the entertainment was excellent,an improvement on last years and we hope that the standard is kept up for this year , as we have already booked for a return visit.
    The hotel was always warm,we had a nice room at the rear of the hotel,entertainment was provided on two afternoons as well as the three nights.
    It would not be fair to single any one member of staff out, they were all excellent!!

Stayed: December 2012
    5  Thank John M
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear John M

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your New Year stay with us. I have passed on your praise to all of the staff and I look forward to seeing you again to welcome in 2014!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Last weekend we went to the Strathmore for a 4 day coach tour, we were amazed at how many places we visited in the 4 days. The hotel is by far the best Shearings Hotel we have ever been to. The staff are lovely the food is very good and the free bar made it a real bargain. Well done to the manager Mr Peacock (Matt) and his staff, Also a special mention to Bruce the singer who was the artist on the Friday, you have an amazing voice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
    6  Thank PJN831
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear PJN831

Thank you for such a wonderful review. The staff were so happy when I showed them your review. I agree that we are very fortunate to have such a talented singer in Bruce McLaren and I will pass on your review when he is next performing in the hotel. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Visited this hotel again for a 5 day trip with Shearings. We had a lovely spacious room and meals again were very good and the waiting staff were very pleasant and efficient. Unfortunately the wather wasn't quite so good but it was November. We enjoyed our trips out and our Shearings driver, Martin was pleasant too. There isn't a great deal going on in Morecambe when the weather is bad but there is a very good bus service to Lancaster. We shall return again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank ann C

Dear ann C

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore Hotel. I have passed on your praise to all of the staff. I look forward to seeing you again and I will try and order some good weather for you. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Jus5t returned yesterday from a 5 day break at the Strathmore . Just want to say what a great time we had . The food was lovely and always well cooked and hot with a good choice . Our waiter was Leon he was very efficient with a smile and a joke for everyone . Never had to queue long at the bar for our drinks . Entertainment was good enjoyed the quizzes . Our room was lovely and clean also very warm which was good as it was very cold . Trips were excellent especially enjoyed the little trip to Carnforth station before we came home friday . Debbie our bus driver was lovely too . One critism and its the only one was the tea facilities in the bar after dinner , it was very cramped at the side of the bar and the tea pot was so heavy you could hardly lift it . Some of the other shearings hotels we stayed in had small tea or coffee urns where you only had to put cup underneath a tap , much safer in my opinion . Will definatly return to the Strathmore again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
    3  Thank bej11
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear bej11

I have passed on your praise to all of the staff and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that Carnforth station is well worth a visit. I have noted your comments ref the tea and coffee and I will look into this. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Strathmore Hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our party of nine ladies spent our annual break at this Hotel 23/26 Nov.What a bargain holiday.Food was good,staff were lovely all in all a brilliant time was had by all.The room I shared was overlooking the bay it was spacious and clean with one single and one double bed.The staff are really good ,Leon who served our table was wonderful he took our food orders efficiently and always had a smile and was good fun.I think he is manager material he has a really good manner with people and even found the lift for me one day.Irina on reception was so nice as was Lyndsey in the bar who kept us watered!!I would definately return to this hotel enjoyed it so much I could have stayed another four days.Now a comment aimed at the owners of the hotel not the staff...Please refurbish!!Carpets paintwork and wallpaper is so shabby,its such a lovely hotel in a prime spot it should be brought up to a better standard of decor.The hotels we nomally stay in on our break are so well furbished its such a shame the Strathmore is let down by the decor.We had a brilliant time at this hotel and the trips to Lancaster and the Lakes were lovely.looking forward to returning lovely friendly people and a great holiday.

Room Tip: 209 for views and space.
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
    4  Thank angieMbro
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear angieMbro

What a great review. I have passed on your praise to Irina, Lindsay and Leon. They are delighted that you all enjoyed your break. Reference your comments about the decor we are as a company in the process of updating our hotels and I hope to welcome you back to the Strathmore and I can show you the improvements we are making. Thank you for your review.