“nice”

Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Sun Terrace Restaurant serves up contemporary cuisine in a relaxed, debonair environment. Boasting magnificent sea views, it's ideal for busy business brunches as well as intimate dinners. We serve British classics prepared using local produce from Lancashire, the Cumbrian countryside and fresh from the Irish Sea.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely restaurant with excellent views over the bay. The staff were attentive but not pestering. Nice choice of menu and the food was good, if slightly more "fancy" than I prefer.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We decided to book a girly afternoon tea as a couple of the girls are preganant. The booking process was fanatstic-very quick and easy.

We arrived at 3.00pm and as we were a group of 8 we had been put in one of the suites which was laid out with lovely china. We all had great expectations for our afternoon tea.

The cakes and sandwiches were served very quickly, however we did have to wait a consierable amount of time for our teas and coffees.

We had to then had to ask for the wine list and again for the bill waiting a considerable amount of time for both. I understand that service may be slow during in busy periods but it was not overly busy it was as if we had just be plonked in a room and left to it. We all left feeling slighty disappointed. Guess we were just unlucky.

I think I will leave my afternoon tea for places who know how to do it well.

2  Thank Gladders04
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We dined here on a Friday evening and as usual, the food was top notch and beautifully presented. Our waitress was charming and pleasant, but I did notice the bar staff often chatting amongst themselves when there were customers waiting to be served.

Unlike on our previous visit, the toilets were clean and tidy.

Would definitely recommend, but staff training needs to be upped a bit.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

As usual, the food was top notch and beautifully presented. Our waitress was charming and pleasant, but I did notice the bar staff often chatting amongst themselves when there were customers waiting to be served.

Unlike on our previous visit, the toilets were clean and tidy.

Would definitely recommend, but staff training needs to be upped a bit.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Having been told that we had to arrive at 12.00 or not at all for lunch, I was surprised to see half the tables empty at 13.30!
The service was indifferent, with a friend from London having to open our wine as the the 17 year old girl who served us, and shouldn't, at her age, struggled with the bottle opener!
The starter was very good with the black pudding etc. well cooked, the one half slice of onion bread, fussiliy served, was not!! Perhaps bread on the tables?
The main course beef was excellent, two slices from a sirloin roast. The 'market vegetables' , butternut squash and broccoli, ok. The roast potatoes were the worst I have ever eaten, or indeed didn't, in such a place. The comment was made but not followed up.
No cheese on offer for dessert!
Wine excellent and fairly priced.
I will not return, nor recommend it!
Very disappointed!