“We will see you again”

Glenthorne Private Hotel
Ranked #19 of 25 Morecambe B&B and Inns
Leicestershire
Reviewed October 15, 2004

I have just had my 3rd visit to this hotel this year. We enjoyed our stay so much the other times we decided to take a group of our friends. We had an excellent time the best ever. The staff were very friendly and pleasant we didn’t even leave the hotel at nights we had such a great time. Thank you your hotel should be at least a 4 star for the service we got. The food was excellent best breakfast ever. We will defiantly be back next year.

Thank you.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Glenthorne Private Hotel

leicester
Reviewed October 15, 2004

My Family stayed for a long weekend here and found the hosts great, friendly and most helpful.
Kids were entertained in the bar area on the dance floor. we could sitback and know the kids were well supervised. The food was excellent, and room was clean and tidy.

Leicester England
Reviewed October 14, 2004

We have stayed at the Glenthorne on a number of occasions this year, each time we have found it an excellent experience. The hotel itself needed some tlc from the previous owners neglect but the new owners appear to be working very hard to rectify this. As a vegetarian myself I found the food to be of a very high standard with plenty of choice. The bar was very welcoming as were the staff. They were all very helpful and went out of their way to help. As for the other reveiws that I have read on this site I can only say one thing, behaviour makes behaviour you should treat people as you want them to treat you. We've seen guests at the hotel who have been rude and stroppy, people can only do their best.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
coventry, england
Reviewed August 14, 2004

what can i say about this poor excuse of a hotel i have stayed in hotels and B & Bs all over the world with my work and this has got to be the worst.I had my 16 month old baby with me he was ill for 3 of the days he was sick on the floor and bed we tryed to clean it the best we could we told the staff but they did nothing about it we were charged for our son and they didnt even offer him any food at all (which may of been a good thing as it was terrible and under cooked) they had a bar but we were not allowed to invite anyone in for a drink they had taken all the towels out of the rooms saying we didnt need them the hot water kept turning off over all i would stay away from this place as i feel it needs closing down

herts, UK
Reviewed August 13, 2004

My friends and I all stayed here in July 04 and we all found it to be a complete dump. As I cannot speak for the others, this review is on the double room myself and my partner had booked.

The only good thing about the room was that the bed was new and good quality. The rest of the ‘facilities’ are as follows:

TV – very temperamental
KETTLE – didn’t work at all
EN-SUITE– lumps out of the walls, damp, lots of dust and dirt, but no towels, no loo roll, no hot water – over the six days we stayed here(everywhere else was full), I tried at 8am, 3pm and 2am to have showers but mostly had to have very quick cold showers as there was hardly ever any hot water and when it was available, didn’t last long! We asked about this, but were told that’s how it is. Which is also what we were told when we complained about the ‘pungent’ drains. Not pleasant. We asked for towels and loo roll, but that fell on deaf ears too.
SERVICE – we were asked on the first day if we wanted our room cleaned, then nothing for the rest of the time. Our bin was pretty full after a while. It was almost impossible to get hold of anyone no matter how many bells you rang and on the day we were leaving, they just couldn’t wait to get rid of us!
FOOD– breakfast was all we had – thank goodness but it says something that after the first couple you are dreading facing the next four mornings! Toasting machine had two settings – black or white. There was no vegetarian breakfast, simply normal meal without meat. The food all tasted the same – Sausages were cheap and baked in the oven - dry and tasteless. Bacon was frazzled and eggs were sloppy and tasted of the surface they were cooked on.

All in all, a rip-off and wouldn’t go there again. They have nice butter tho – that’s about it.

• Stayed: July 2004
Kent
Reviewed June 22, 2004

This is an absolutely appauling excuse for a hotel. In fact, it could be more aptly described as a hovel. The food is foul - when I ate there it was undercooked, cold, and their excuse for a vegetarian meal was a plate of meat and veg. the meat was removed from the plate(!) after several complaints but the gravy remained. Not impressive. I have never been so pleased to walk down to the local shops and buy myself a Pot Noodle to eat in my room. As for the room... grotty old 1960's furnishings, dirty, conspicuous stains on the walls, ceiling and carpets (avoid room 305!). The service of the staff was also disatisfactory to say the least - grumpy cleaning staff who swore openly at guests. A terribly disappointing stay - i'm surprised this establishment was not closed down a long time ago.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member