“CHUCKLE MUSCLE NEEDS ATTENTION”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Honey Tree

The Honey Tree
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Honey Tree sits on the central promenade of Morecambe, only a step away from the town centre, with superb views across the Bay.Our restaurant has set the standard as a high quality establishment able to cater to every need of the individual as well as to the enjoyment of our local clientele. The Honey Tree offers you a culinary experience not to be beaten, with exciting dishes and impeccable service. Visit us to experience exquisite food, a wonderful environment and a unique experience that you are sure to enjoy.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“CHUCKLE MUSCLE NEEDS ATTENTION”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Met by waitress/owner? and hurried to a table. No smile and no welcome which set a dull tone for the meal. Fortunately when the food arrived (with a much pleasanter waitress) it was excellent, well cooked and tasty. The drinks are on the expensive side but it is a restaurant after all. The decor is a mix of eastern with a hint of the west for good measure. overall a very pleasant experience once we got over the dull welcome.

• Polish first
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Slow service and overcooked starters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We live very locally and went in on a Saturday night at 5.30pm. Four of us went for the 'All You Can Eat' at £17.50. They offered us mixed starters. The starters arrived, overcooked chicken wings, ribs and prawn toast, soggy battered mushroooms??? and onion rings. They offer you more once the starters were complete, but strangely asked exactly how many of each item you wanted.. Weird.

The mains came, they were ok, apart from it was only at the end I realised that the sizzling beef I got wasn't the Schezwan beef I ordered..

Finally when it came to ask for the Bill, we asked three times and it took nearly an hour to bring... Were they hoping we would request extra drinks.

Would I go again, no..

Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a lovely meal last weekend with my husband and 12 year old son, so I thought I'd write a review. I have been a regular visitor to the Honey Tree for 27 years and I have just read the reviews on this website. What was surprising to me is how the local people find it so easy to whinge about one of the best Chinese restaurants in the area. It sounds like most of you have been before and the fact that you returned must mean it's usually good, because what sort of idiot would keep going back to a rubbish restaurant? New Years Eve is always going to be exceptionally busy and people should bear that in mind when booking a table. If you're in a rush - don't go out! The difference in people's perception of the evening is amazing - there were comments from a lady from Wigan who said the restaurant was 'buzzing' with a relaxing atmosphere with pleasant and helpful staff. What a contrast when you read the reviews from the locals. See what you can do with a little positive thinking?! I think the person who took the 50% discount has got a nerve commenting on this website - you got what you wanted - you should have left it at that..... And as for the person who said there was plastic garden furniture upstairs, never in 27 years have I seen a plastic garden table up there! You people should think about the consequences of your comments. I don't think the Honey Tree were being greedy, they will just have been doing their best to accommodate everyone to avoid any disappointment. We will be going back soon!

PRESTON
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our third visit to the Honey Tree. Each time has been very good. The staff were on the ball and the food was spot on, hot, tasty and plentiful. Looking forward to our next visit.

Visited March 2014
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

well cooked food. steak was fantastic service was top class. small and friendly family run. got to try

• Visited July 2013