“second visit and would make it a third”

Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai Rose is a first for Morecambe. Sited in an iconic building with panoramic views over the bay. Our renowned Thai chef has over 25years experience of Thai Cuisine so you are assured of a true taste of Thailand. All dishes are individually prepared so freshness is what you will receive. Thai food is wholesome and healthy, we won't disappoint you; try us and you will be hooked for life. Our second restaurant opened on the ground floor of the same building offering a unique experience in steak for Morecambe. With 40 covers available and party bookings welcome this is an experience you cannot miss
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“second visit and would make it a third”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Hi
We had mixed feelings. Overall the food was lovely and the staff were fantastic, and very good, patient and understanding with a lady with alzhimers and went out of their way to put balloons up for my mum's birthday, which made her very happy. It made a really nice effect and my dog enjoyed them when we got home!
The down points were the placing of toilets for the disabled and elderly, my mum and gran really struggled. Also having been before I was really looking forward to the sweetcorn fritters, to find they had been taken off and now as a vegetarian there is not a choice, you can only have one thing for the starter, and the last thing was the banana fritters.
Three out of four had these and all three were disappointed,they said there was hardly any flavour and that the batter was to thick, also another vegetarian said they thought it tasted like fish on the batter and wae thinking it was done in the same thing, which I would hope not.
we did mention our concerns to staff and they said they would pass this on.
This was the second time I've been and I would definitely come again and recommend this place to other people.
The food is so tasty with loads of flavour, great staff and atmosphere and hopefully next time I can leave a excellent review.

Visited July 2014
ande2212, General Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that your experience here again proved positive. Obviously we care very much about how our customers think and feel and would like to address some of your concerns.
Regarding the siting of the toilets... When we took over the building they were already on the second floor and with the design as it is there is no quick fix. We are addressing all issues and if you are not already aware the restaurant has just had a facelift by decoration. I hope you have time to come and visit us again soon as it really does present a new image, I will upload some photos here.
Starters, yes I agree that at the moment there is only our vegetable spring rolls. Having said that if you ask for other options the waitress/waiter should have also offered you tempura vegetables, I am sorry if these were not offered to you.
Glad you appreciate the freshness of our cuisine though.
Many thanks again.

Liverpool
“Lovely!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went for our anniversary meal and discovered this hidden gem along the sea front, it's absolutely charming and the food is delicious, I would definitely recommend the duck red curry or the traditional thai curry because both were two of the best thai dishes I've ever eaten and to top it off our waitress was lovely! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!

• Visited July 2014
ande2212, General Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
So pleased your enjoyed your anniversary meal here and rate our style of Thai cuisine highly. Our chef/owner has professionally cooked her style for at least 29 years now and still enjoys every minute, and when she receives reviews such as yours she feels so proud. In her college years she achieved 2nd place in Thailand for her style so I feel honoured by her being here.
Many thanks again
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb ”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Seen the reviews and decided to order a takeaway. Both of us loved our choices (masaman curry and pad thai)..... we'll definitely be back!!

So pleased you enjoyed your takeaway from us. Hopefully you can return soon and try some of our other original menu choices our chef has to offer.
Early evening also lets you take advantage of one of our promotions be it the early diner at £12.99 which is a multi choice set menu or our happy hour which offers you a 25% discount Tuesday to Thursday.
Many thanks again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Dinner with mum”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Took my mum for dinner as a treat; service was great, the place was neat and tidy, and the food was excellent. The restaurant itself is a little quirky (which I like!), especially if you go for a look around upstairs. I'd recommend it to anyone, the food was excellent - curry was really tasty and the scallop dish we had was hot and spicy and flavorsome and the starters were delicious, Definitely worth a try!

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for your positive review of us.
We have tried to retain the original design of the building over the two floors that we use, downstairs is very cosy and ideal for that quiet evening out whereas our first floor restaurant is more open with fantastic views across the bay. We also have our second floor which is ideal for daytime conferences and evening parties. Hopefully we have some thing for everyone's tastes and requirements.
Thank you again for your review.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“the best thai food in the north”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

my friend travels from manchester just eat here he is a massive thai food fan and having discovered thai rose/ mcthai on a visit to my house he has been hooked since. always superb food and very nice people

• Visited June 2014
So pleased we have a fan in Manchester :)
Having said that I do believe we have a very authentic and unique style of Thai cuisine. I am so pleased you think the same. Our chef/owner really takes pride in her work and will only use fresh produce ensuring you always have the freshest tastes to experience. Our Fish & seafood menu is going really well too, fresh stock is delivered daily to ensure we can keep giving you an experience you want to repeat time and time again.
Many thanks for your review.