“will not be going back”

Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thai Rose is a first for Morecambe. Sited in an iconic building with panoramic views over the bay. Our renowned Thai chef has over 25years experience of Thai Cuisine so you are assured of a true taste of Thailand. All dishes are individually prepared so freshness is what you will receive. Thai food is wholesome and healthy, we won't disappoint you; try us and you will be hooked for life. Our second restaurant opened on the ground floor of the same building offering a unique experience in steak for Morecambe. With 40 covers available and party bookings welcome this is an experience you cannot miss
south yorkshire
“will not be going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

my wife and I had a meal on sat 1st june we were very disappointed we eat thai a lot where we live in Yorkshire and like their soup the soup we had on sat was nothing like thai soup is supposed to be it tasted awful I had crying tiger main meal and the beef was very very tough and had lots of gristle in it I couldn't eat it the waitress said was it ok and I said no I asked for the bill when we went to pay the bill we were again asked if everything was ok and we said no not really and before we had time to explain she just laughed at us an absolute disgrace

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank chezzysouthyorkshire
ande2212, Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi. I only wish when customers are not happy, that their first port of complaint should be to the management, it happens time and time again, we ask customers how their experience was and they say everything is good then we get the negative review. Fortunately these days they are few and far between. The soup you refer to is one of the best you will find in the UK and that's not me being biased. I am currently in Thailand and even there the standards have dropped and our soup stands above others. I can only think you are used to eaten the more watery versions available around the country. As for your crying tiger, if you had asked for me when you commenced your meal the matter would have been professionally dealt with. We have received no other complaints regarding Beef sirloin. Best regards.

London, United Kingdom
“Thais Spare Ribs - I want the recipie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Revisited the McThai and tried the Thai Spare Ribs – I’ll have to go back and try them again so I can ask for the recipe. I took the evening special which was a Penang Curry; if only we could cook such good at home.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review be it late in responding. Rose the chef tries to improve her menu by adding new recipes to the menu. Our current visit to Thailand is no exception. Its not just the spare ribs or current menu, watch this space and you will be blown away by whats to come
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food & View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband & I visited McThai on Friday evening. We got a friendly welcome and got shown to a table upstairs in the window with a fantastic view of the bay. We decided on the early diner menu which was very good value. We both enjoyed the lovely starters and the main courses, can't wait to go back and sample more of the fantastic food. Overall we found McThai great value with fantastic food and friendly service.

• Visited May 2013
ande2212, General Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of Mcthai.
The early diner menu is designed to let you experience a flavoursome selection of Thai foods at a set price of £10.99.
Excluding Saturdays we also offer a 20% discount from the a la carte menu between 5pm and 7pm. There's never been a better time to try Thai.
Thanks again, look forward to your next visit.
Perthshire
“FABULOUS FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I had a couple of nights in Morecambe and having looked at McThai on Trip Advisor decided to give it a try on our first night. The food was so good that we decided to go back again the second night.

The restaurant is on the first floor or the building and has lovely views over the bay. The décor is lovely and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Visited May 2013
We appreciate very much your time in reviewing your visit to Mcthai.
Glad to hear you had two enjoyable evenings with us.
Many Thanks
Andrew
Lancaster
“Certain to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had not been here before, largely on the basis that with such a daft name, the food was not likely to be any good. What a mistake!
The day before we had paid over twice as much per head for 2 courses each and drinks in a restaurant in Lancaster (see review). That food was fine, but at McThai it was exciting. Fresh ingredients, intriguing spicing, no complaints at all. This was serious value for money. The chef is clearly someone who knows their craft well and cares. There are a number of Thai wines on a reasonably priced list that does not otherwise inspire.
We sat at a first floor window watching the tide come in and the sun set over Morecambe Bay and the Lake District hills. Giving only a tick for scenic view somehow seems mean.

We left knowing that we will return, because given this visit, there are so many dishes on the menu that simply have to be tried. There is plenty of space and I suspect this would be a very good venue for large groups/ family gatherings.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review.
Its a great pity that in our early days you were out of by the name. Our name has a real meaning but this issue has cropped up time and time again. So it is due to change, can you guess?
Maybe this in itself will encourage more local people to try Thai.
Our style of Thai cuisine is unique and yes the owner/chef really does put her heart and soul into her cuisine.
Our current promotions are worth noting as well, giving first timers the opportunity to experience Thai food at promotional prices.
Look forward to your next visit.
Many thanks