“A Jewel On The Sea Front”

Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Description: Thai Rose is a first for Morecambe. Sited in an iconic building with panoramic views over the bay. Our renowned Thai chef has over 25years experience of Thai Cuisine so you are assured of a true taste of Thailand. All dishes are individually prepared so freshness is what you will receive. Thai food is wholesome and healthy, we won't disappoint you; try us and you will be hooked for life. Our second restaurant opened on the ground floor of the same building offering a unique experience in steak for Morecambe. With 40 covers available and party bookings welcome this is an experience you cannot miss
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A Jewel On The Sea Front”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

First time visitors to McThai, on the strength of other reviews, we were not disappointed.
The food was truly excellent; a delicate balance of intricate, subtle flavours, beautifully presented. The staff were friendly and keen to please; in spite of being very new and a little nervous; first night for one and day 3 for another.
The spectacular sunset across the bay only added to the experience.
The decor needs some updating, being of a bygone time, but don't let that put you off. The restaurant location on the first floor could be off putting to less able diners; however we were assured thety could seat you downstairs.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank ChattyCathy9
ande2212, Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Your review is very much appreciated.
You have experienced all we set out to achieve. Quality food in a prime location on the promanade in Morecambe. You can dine and soak up the views across the bay.
That's why we come here, we believe we can offer our customers everything they seek and we will strive to continue to inprove and update our menus. Our Chef with 24years experience will continue to amaze you.
We are carrying out a reburbishment programme at the moment which includes the interior of the restaurant, so please keep coming and watch us succeed.
Many thanks

“Average”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Not bad Thai restaurant on morecambe front. We ate on the downstairs cafe. I have had better Thai food but in places with more competition . To be honest this is probably the best restaurant in morecambe although that isnot saying much

1 Thank Sjb74
Your review is very much appreciated.
Morecambe seems to be lacking quality restaurants, which is where we come in. We believe as do our customers that we have developed an amazing style of Thai food, which cannot be found in other areas. We would welcome any competition as we believe this would only help Morecambe as a whole. Like yourself I have eaten in many Thai establishments in the UK and also in Thainland having lived there for 3 years. I believe our style and quality cannot be beaten. I note you ate on the lower floor known as the cafe area which has a restricted menu, Can I suggest you look at our main menu where I am sure you will find what you truely seek, amazing Thai cuisine.
Many Thanks
Lancashire, UK
“Amazing thai food”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

First off, the food here is absolutely brilliant. Best Thai food for miles around. Service is good, and it's good value for money too. I agree with the previous review that the name doesn't do it justice, and yes, it often looks empty which would put some people off. It's a shame as it has beautiful views and the food is fab, i dont think you'd regret trying it.

1 Thank TravelFan099
Thank you for being another very satisfied customer.
The quality of food prepared and cooked in our kitchen will never drop, in fact the opposite. We strive to seek the highest quality produce and continue to research new ideas for our menu.
As with the last review, our name has real meaning and we hope you and new customers will appreciate what we have tried to achieve with this name.
The total premises has the capacity of 150 covers over three floors and yes I agree the lower floor gives the impression that we are not very busy, this is our cafe area which we are developing further at this moment in time. I can only say watch this space as we endevour to re generate this area.
Morecambe, England
“What can I say .... the food speaks for itself .... AMAZING !!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We had a takeaway from here and I have eaten Thai food from many Thai restaurants .... THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST THAI MEAL I HAVE EVER HAD !!!

Incredibly fresh food, the tempura prawns OMG !!!

We had the Pad Thai which was the best I've ever tasted, the green thai curry .... the flavour was incredible ...... 10 out of 10 I must say.

As a tip to the owners, I think that the name McThai gives an impression of McDonald's type association which has put me off eating here until now (now that I know the food speaks for itself).

Additionally, I believe you suffer from the size of the restaurant which can appear empty and the downstairs cafe in the evening is often empty so this restaurant APPEARS to be empty hence appears to be not very popular.

I think you would benefit from a smaller location and the crowds will flock.

BUT ..... the food is AMAZING .... I will be back soon and back often ..... thank you and compliments to the chef !!!!!!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Gazwa
Thank you for your review.
Your reaction to our menu and quality of food is just what we strive to achieve for every meal served in our restaurant, cafe and takeaway. The Owner/Chef puts the same effort into everything she prepares and cooks.
The name of McThai has a meaning, its not just a name pulled out of a hat. Thai is obvious, it is Thai cuisine and the Co Owner is Thai. Mc is because my ancestry is Scottish. Put the two together and you have a very modern sounding and meaningful name. We could have easily used just another Thai name but it would have no meaning, please bear with us, it will grow on you. I Hope the name Mcthai will soon appeal to a wider audience as we encourage families and groups to dine with us. Downstairs is purely a cafe which during evenings is obviously closed, however we now intend to use this area as a back up to the restaurant, which will make us much more attractive to passers by.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dine with a view”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

when i first visted mcthai back in late 2010 i tried my hand at non english
food and have to say i,ve not looked back it was the best food i have tasted and still enjoy for my starter i had a number 35 ( chicken satay ) and for my main meal i had 78 ( pad thai )
must say that the staff were friendly and helpful the views from the 1st floor are devine. the manager & waiters do a smashin job they welcome you in to the resturant with a friendly smile and warm confersion must say the chef does a grand job thank you for lovely food

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank rockiecliff
Thank you for your review.
I dont think the views from our first and second floor dining areas can be beaten.Overlooking the bay and beyond to the Lake District and Peaks. I could spend hours just starring at the view but alas I must work.
So many people like yourself had never tried Thai food before McThai opened in 2010. We pride ourselves on being able to serve freshly prepared and individually cooked cuisine, making sure you truely experience Thai food at its best.
So welcome to Thai Food, glad we have been able to convert you to a truely amazing cuisine which must be the fastest growing cuisine in the UK at this moment in time.
Thankyou again