“Best Thai I have ever tasted”

Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Thai Rose is a first for Morecambe. Sited in an iconic building with panoramic views over the bay. Our renowned Thai chef has over 25years experience of Thai Cuisine so you are assured of a true taste of Thailand. All dishes are individually prepared so freshness is what you will receive. Thai food is wholesome and healthy, we won't disappoint you; try us and you will be hooked for life. Our second restaurant opened on the ground floor of the same building offering a unique experience in steak for Morecambe. With 40 covers available and party bookings welcome this is an experience you cannot miss
Manchester
“Best Thai I have ever tasted”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I feel sorry for McThai, as speaking to locals they did not know just how good the food is here.

I can say that even eating really good Thai food in many places over the years, this is easily the best I have tasted, so much so we went back the next night and both had totally different dishes which were excellently cooked.

I do hope that the owner takes up my offer and moves to Manchester, but for their sake hope that people start going to this great restaurant.

• Visited March 2011
ande2212, Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
Thank you for posting your review and I am very pleased that you were impressed by our quality of food which we consider to be second to none. The Chef/ co owner has devoted her life to Thai cooking and has more than 24 years experience of the same.
We looked everywhere between London and Dumfries searching where we considered suitable to site our restaurant. We feel in love with Morecambe, thats why we are here although I must admit we would have made more of an inpact closer to a large city. I hope over time we can encourage many more people to our restaurant, once they have tried Thai cuisine I am sure they will all return.
Hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, UK
“To-Thai-lly Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This is a total FIND! I live in Manchester and was weekending at The Midland for an anniversary. We decided to try McThai based on the positive reviews right here on Trip Adviser, and am sooooo glad we did!! Having travelled thoroughout Thailand, and having eaten Thai food all over the world, I can honestly say that this place makes the BEST red curry outside of the Land of Smiles!! It was so good, we went right back the following night. I must also mention that the service and friendliness of the owner and staff was very welcoming. "Kop khun kap!" to the very talented chef!! Am already planning lots more visits and have recommended it to all my friends !! This place is cruelly wasted in sleepy Morecambe (well, it was on a Saturday night in March) and should be nearer one of the big cities. Please visit - you will NOT be disappointed.

1 Thank MadMonty2007
Thank you for your very positive review.
Our Chef/ Co owner is really proud that she can educate customers in Thai cuisine, she has a totally free hand in designing her own menu's. As you know she only cooks to order to ensure you experience the freshest tastes possible. We would probably do much better nearer a larger city, but we believe Morecambe is up and coming and feel positive that our customer base will reflect this in the very near future. Again thank you very much and we hope you will return in the near future.
morecambe
“best meal we have had in ages”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

passed this place so many times and always said we would try it out. Wish we hadn't left it so long.
Had mixed starters - so succulent. So good we thought the main meal could never match or even be better. We weren't disappointed. Three of us shared our main courses - two chicken and one pork in an omlette.Superb taste. We all agreed the best meal we have had in a long time.
Excellent friendly service. They do takeaways so they are now top of our list.

Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent service”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I've been walking past McThai regularly for the last few months and kept telling myself I'd try it out one day. Today I took my (almost) 2 year old in for lunch. I was initially worried because a) would there be anything for my son to eat? and b) would it be one of those places where you feel uncomfortable taking children? I needn't have worried on either point - there were already two other children eating inside & there's plenty of English food to chose from - though to be honest he ate a fair amount of my Thai food too!

I was very impressed with the food (I had the Pad Thai) but even more impressed with the attitude of the staff. On my return home I did some internet research and I was very pleased to find out that the owners have a wonderful philosophy about McThai - it really sounds like they are trying to do it right and care about their customers. I hope that if anyone has any complaints they'll take the time to speak to the staff or use the suggestion box (which is a great idea and sits there looking important unlike some restaurants which either don't have one, or have one that's unwelcoming and probably ignored).

I've never been to Thailand so cannot vouch for the authenticity of the food but all I can say is that it was very very tasty and seemed very fresh. I'll definitely be back for more! Well done McThai - just what Morecambe needs!

• Visited March 2011
ande2212, General Manager at Thai Rose & Bay Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Many people as you say just walk past us without even noticing our existance hence the new colour scheme outside. We hope that this will now make us stand out from the crowd so to say.
We try to make everyone welcome here including children, we even have toys available for them to help amuse them while their parents or guardians enjoy their lunch or meal.
The English menu is designed to cater for the customers who are unsure of Thai food, maybe they have never experienced the true taste of Thailand, we will be giving these customers the chance to sample Thai food during their meal in an attempt to re assure them just how good and healthy Thai food is.
Our Thai chef (Owner) has 24 years experience of professional Thai cuisine and I can assure you that our food is Authentic. I am very pleased that you are now one of the converted.
We are very sincere about our busiiness and believe that we can offer our customers a true reflection of Thai food together with the service they deserve. The suggestion box is on public view and we hope people will use it, this is one way we can improve adding to the customers experience here.
Once again, thankyou for your review
Bristol
“Wonderful food, welcoming service.”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We visited Mc Thai having read the mostly positive reviews. We went on a Friday night in Feburary and there were several other tables of customers. As previously mentioned the decor is traditional English but it is in good condition and the place was spotlessly clean.
The restaurant is now fully licensed with a decent and well priced wine list.
The food in a nutshell was superb and we will certainy be visiting again soon.