“Absolute rip off!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2012

been to a few frankie and Bennys now and every time food has come luke warm! drinks are an absolute rip off to make up for the average priced meals! food quality ok but not brilliant for the price you pay! will not be going back to another Frankie and Benny's!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The atmosphere and decor were very good, staff welcoming. The food was poor , no beef in beef lasagne. Poor value for money. Food is obviously mass produced off site and warmed up. I have been a year ago and standards in food have fallen. I have had better lasagne from a supermarket which you warm up at home.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The staff were very nice but the food was appalling, I was served what I can only describe as the most inedible plate of fish and chips I have ever been presented with in my life.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went on Saturday night at 19.30.. Waiter never took our order for nearly 40 minutes.. Had three rounds of drinks that we collected from the bar ourselves before waiter finally landing at our table.. Waiter was apologetic owing to staff shortages.. Ordered food.. Food came and it was appalling in terms of quantity to price ratio and quality to price ratio.. Order Philly steak pasta bake.. Tiny chopped nuggets of gristly steak on a pathetic potion of pasta drenched in a cheap cheese sauce.. Instead of strips of steak on top of a bowl of pasta covered in cheese and baked like I had had previously in another frankie and bennys restaurant.. My mother in law had the same meal and with a collective cost of 22 pound I felt obliged to speak to the waiter regarding our 2 disqusting meals.. The waiter apologised and explained that the kitchen was understaffed and meal quality was obviously suffering as a result.. He stated that if meals were not challenged due to their standard and quality great, but if they were he was to apologise and deduct the cost from the bill, which he did without incident! So in a nutshell the restaurant was happy to send out crap food in the hope it would go unnoticed and unchallallenged, relying on customers not to complain! Thankfully I did and was afforded a refund but I certainly won't go back as we were there for a birthday treat and havingissues and a uncomfortable laboured atmosphere generated by slow service and poor food made the meal organiser feel uncomfortable and embarrassed that she had chosen such a substandard restaurant! Do not risk a special occasion, celebration there as it is a gamble!!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff are wonderful.
Cannot always get what you order.
Rather expensive for what it is!