“It's ok . Good value if you go for set lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #78 of 110 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It's ok . Good value if you go for set lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Had fairly straightforward tomato and mozzarella salad followed by omelette and chips. Sat outside on a warm early spring day. Everything fine except I asked for a cheese omelette and got ham and cheese. fortunately I am not vegetarian !!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“Too Many Unaccompanied Kids. Overpriced, Overcooked Waste of Time and Money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Visited this particular establishment just before Christmas. Was originally seated by a young chap next to a table of 8 squawking barely teen girls obviously celebtating a birthday. So loud we immediately asked to be moved to another table which we were. Sat right opposite the kitchens where you can see the food being prepared by two or three Polish(?) 'chefs', who seemed to give the impression they would rather be working elsewhere. Things were being thrown hither and thither (chip baskets included!) and they seemed to be getting increasingly more and more frustrated as orders were being brought in. Now I like prompt service, but can we at least get our coats off and have a quick nosey at the drinks menu before we're asked wgat we would like? We settled for an overpriced bottle of average Pinot and a pint of lager. Our drinks arrived as quickly as our order was taken and we sat back to peruse the menu. Now this is where things did a 360° change. We looked at the menu, made our choices and waited for a waitress to appear. We sat a good twenty minutes (the length of time to drink my pint) before I finally gave up waiting and asked if our order could be taken. The girl we asked vanished and 5 minutes later yet another member of staff came and took our order. When the meals arrived, nigh on an hour after we arrived, I was somewhat dismayed at the size of the portions. I had opted for the chicken and half rack of ribs. What I got was a dried out chicken portion and 4 miniscule little ribs measuring barely 3 inches by 3 inches. The chips were barely warm and the salad garnish wad limp and lacklustre. We had also ordered a portion of homemade onion rings that were swimming in oil and my accompanying corn in the cob was charcoal burnt! My wifes meal on the other hand was just about passable. Now, I'm an ex chef by trade having worked in varying classes of establishment from your five star London hotel to your 'spit and sawdust' pub and because of my experience in the culinary arts I'm a bit of a stickler as to what is good food, what is reasonable food and what is excellent food. This establishment fails to join the ranks of any of these, being at best medocre. I am also not adverse to complaining about things (much to my wife's chagrin) and duly requested to see the manager to discuss, amongst other things, the 'extras' that had seemed to have appeared on our presented bill. I will give the man his dues, he was most apologetic and reduced our (ammended) bill by a further 25%. In conclusion, if you like eating in a restuarant over-run by prepubescent unaccompanied kids, fairly basic, yet hugely overpriced Italian/American blah, being over charged, and waited on by 5 (yes, 5) different people, then Frankie & Benny's in Morecambe will suit you down to the ground. Us, we shoul have walked 50 yards over the road and got a Morrison's sarnie and made do!

1 Thank Daz1965
“Waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We went here with 10 family members and i couldnt wait to leave the waitress was pleasent enough and polite she did a good job, but the food wasnt worth the wait at all i had the chicken pasta in a sauce, there was 3 tiny bits of chicken the whole meal was tasteless i can honestly say it was the worst meal i have ever eaten in any restaurant!!!
Some other members of our group had burgers and chips they said it was greecy and you couldnt tell which was the adult portion to the childs portion! Even the waitress didnt know!!
I live in morecambe and we often dine out as a big group when family members visit us, we wont be dining here again!!!

altrincham
“A waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

The food was very bland and is well overpriced. The drinks were also expensive, 2 small bottles of beer costing £6.70. My partner and I were very disappointed and will not be going again.

Visited December 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Poor and lacklustre service and awful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

This restraunt was a real let down. The waiter was very friendly at first when the inital order was given, but after this, things just went downhill. The food was of a poor quality (normally we enjoy going to this style of restaurant and never had any issues but this venue was a real let down) all items were served cold and the portion sizes very small. The house salad especially was terrible. Tiny pieces of iceberg lettuce, brown around the edge, with a few onion rings and 6 or 7 bits of grated mozzerela cheese and 4 small pieces of 'soft' crutons which were inedible. It took almost an hour for the deserts to arrive. In the end our children just asked for an apple which the waiter offered to have cut up by 'his chef'. The sliced apple seemed to sum up the cooking abilities of the staff. Yes it was sliced up, but no attempt had been made to remove the pips or core of the apple!! The final insult was a waiter who decided to clean the table next to ours, spraying cleaning fluid straight over my daughter's food! In summary the service was half hearted,sloppy and at £50+ very poor value for money. We will never eat here again.

• Visited December 2011