“Morning coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bury, United Kingdom
“Morning coffee”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We turned off the M6 and drove into Morecambe to enjoy a civilised cup of coffee in this much hyped, refurbished art deco hotel with its magnificent sea views backed by the lakeland hills.
Imagine our amazement when we were informed that hotel policy was not to serve coffee before 11 am! When pressed my husband was told that guests having breakfast were their priority although at 10.30 there were very few guests in sight. My husband then pointed out how unfriendly and unhelpful we found their message. We were then told if we really wanted coffee there was a Costa Coffee shop down the road! The only saving grace was that we immediately cancelled all thoughts of spending a weekend there with friends which we had been planning to arrange.

2 Thank Margaret D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love having a meal at the Rotunda ,especially on a good day. The view is magnificent!!!
The food has always been quite good but seems to have improved since the last time we visited. The platters are great, plenty of variety and almost too much to eat,yummy bread, I don't eat much bread but I couldn't stop myself! My hubby's beef sandwich was enormous! enough for two really. Very good service ,friendly staff.
I did notice ,however, that the housekeeping was a little below par, the floor needed a sweep and the decor was looking a bit the worse for wear. the white plastic armchairs in the loos need a good scrub!!

• Visited August 2012
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“car park attendants have no customer service skills”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I like the Midland, the architecture is iconic. The setting is lovely, I have eaten there many times, in the Rotunda Bar and at formal dinners in the Dining Room. I have never had a bad meal. Today I tried to take my family for lunch in the Rotunda bar. Arrived at the car Park entrance and the 'jobs worth' told me that the parking was for the room guests alone. I asked him if I could use the car park if we were having lunch at the Rotunda Bar, the answer was No, go elsewhere. We did for a really good curry, spent £100. So if you can afford that loss of business carry on! I doubt I will bother coming back

2 Thank Bob B
Northumbria
“Very good food. Cleanliness issues.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is far from cheap for lunch dinning, however we found both the service and food to be of a good standard. Both had the fish platter and enjoyed it.
I'm a huge fan of what they have been trying to accomplish at the Midland, but detracting from the food was the lack of attention to detail in cleaning the floors, the table we sat at wobbled and still had crumbs on from previous customers. The tables in the bar are small and only really suitable for two people max.
The loos are an oddity. The seperate staircases to the women and men's toilets open up into the same washroom area, with doors then leading to seperate toilet areas. Thought I'd made a wrond turn somewhere along the line at first.
Glad to have tried this place but wish there was more attention to detail.

• Visited July 2012
Manchester
“fantastic tapas”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

always had great food here although sometimes the service can be a little slow. Views are breathtaking

Visited July 2012