“morecambe memories”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Keighley, United Kingdom
“morecambe memories”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Midland is part of my memories of holidays in Morecambe in the 50's and 60's it was always there looking elegant on its part of the prom. This week l got to stay there as a birthday treat, it excelled my expectations. The staff we welcoming, helpful and friendly. The rooms are amazing and warm and comft, as were the beds. The meal was delicious served by loveky staff. Thank you Midland for a lovely birthday

Room Tip: A sea view room
1 Thank janet B
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear janet B

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent long-awaited stay at The Midland.
I was delighted to read that this lived up to your expectations and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Matt Stanaway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We spent two nights at The Midland on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Given the quality of the food and service in the restaurant plus the spacious and well appointed bedrooms we felt it was great value for money. It is well worth paying a little extra and getting a sea view.
Hot items for breakfast are cooked to order and the buffet section is fresh and continually topped up. Food is of good quality.
Dinners were scrumptious. The Morecambe Bay prawns as a starter were especially good. The cheese board is to die for.
Can honestly say the best I've ever had.
The room was lovely and warm with a good sized seating area. The balcony was a lovely spot to enjoy a bit of fresh air, even in February.
Bed comfy, plenty of pillows and a loveable cuddly toy to welcome you home.
Shower hot and strong. Loved the whole pod idea in the bedroom with everything neatly packed away but still easily accessible. Some clever ideas.
Hope that we'll visit again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Markiep1
Dear Markiep1

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay and for your kind comments relating to this.
I will, of course, share your comments with the team and hope to welcome you back soon.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Fantastic night at the midland for a Cassablanca murder mystery .
After Dark were Fabtastic again & a great venue to hold a Play in again Sam event.
So many got in the spirit of Cassablanca and dressed to impress.
If you have not done a event like this with After Dark Murder Mystery, you are really missing out on a fun night out with a difference.
The cast and Crew are so professional but fun too.
The staff at the midland were friendly and helpful & the food was really yummy!
Once you have done your first, you will be hooked !
Thanks again guys for a wonderful night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacquishadowhunters
Dear Jacquishadowhunters

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay and our Casablanca Murder Mystery night.
I was pleased to read that this was enjoyable, and hope to welcome you back soon - perhaps for our Mamma Mia Murder Mystery on 4th April!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've waited over 50 years to stay at The Midland and my lovely husband arranged a stay as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. As a child, on caravanning holidays, I would look at The Midland and dream of staying there. When it fell into disrepair, I thought my dream would never be fulfilled and then when it was restored I hoped I'd stay there some day - and now I have! I was not disappointed. We had a sea view room and even the weather could not spoil my enjoyment. Our room was so well-designed - full of surprises - and the hotel itself is stunning. We had two excellent evening meals and the breakfasts were second to none. I certainly hope this will not be the last time enjoy a stay at this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view room
3 Thank Violet006
Dear Violet006

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay at The Midland.
I was delighted that, after a wait of 50 years, this lived up to your expectations, and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love Art Deco architecture and when I found The Midland Hotel on the web I was very excited. I was a little nervous on arrival in Morecambe in case the hotel did not meet my expectations (photos on websites rarely depict places exactly as they really are) but as we pulled up outside I was very happy, and when we entered the reception lobby and saw the spiral staircase and gorgeous views out over the bay exactly as shown on the website I was chuffed to bits. Our room was lovely, again with a beautiful view over the sea, great bath/shower room. Complimentary bottle of wine and the bed was really comfy. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast and afternoon tea was lovely. Served in the conservatory style restaurant looking out across the bay, with music from the Art Deco period playing gently in the background we were transported back to a more elegant and gentler time. Both my husband and I absolutely loved our stay at The Midland and very much look forward to another stay there in the future.

1 Thank Helene R
Dear Helene R

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay at The Midland.
I hope to welcome you back very soon

STALYBRIDGE
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed just the one Sunday night in February, bringing two friends with us this time. DBB room 219./ 221.
This is our third visit, and you continued exceed our expectation.
Well managed and staffed, excellent food, Dinner's a must!!
Morecambe Bay shrimps for starters, Kippers for breakfast, excellent.

They've actually got some real Ale on, "Vintage" something or other, which was good.
A welcome surprise for this type of establishment, who often take the easy JS option.

Catered for my Gluten Free requirements without and a problem.

Hope to return when weather improves.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MARTIN J

Many thanks for a great review of your 3rd stay at The Midland.
Although we do have a seperate menu, most of our dishes can be adapted to be suitable for a gluten free diet and please do not hesitate to ask if there is a particular dish you would like on a future stay!
I hope to welcome you back for a fourth stay soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Well, we have stayed in the Midland Morecambe twice in the last 4 weeks, last time Room 310, not one of usual rooms . Brilliant stay, great food despite a gas problem knocked out the main kitchen so the back up kitchen was deployed. It was a stressful time for management and staff, who kept smiling through!! Please forgive us if we don't get all your names but will try and include as many later. What made it worse, it was a Murder Mystery night along with a howling gale outside Despite this major issue, it was brilliant, food was perfect, service to die for, even Anthony on Reception sorted out another booking for us for this week!!
We have just stayed in 312 the last 2 nights, the usual amusing reception team, the restaurant food , fresh and great, Linda's fish was so fresh it was still flapping. My steak (3rd time of having this , was magnificent). The Restaurant Team !!!! Daniel, dry sense of humour, very attentive (careful , ply's you with lots of Port!!), The Gym Girls!! (Gemma and Tammy) fantastic, amusing , attention to detail, very competitive (sisters!!) both cannot be recommended enough, Sam she just smiles and guides you. Beth, another bright smiling girl. very attentive, the rest of the team would put 5 star hotels too shame.
Brian on Reception, he was the one who talked us into 310 (302- 312 are our usual rooms), great choice, so customer focussed as all the Reception are.( Don't forget Dana who cleaned our room and the Room Service Team)
Yes we have booked for March 15 - 16 week end 312

Room Tip: The 3rd Floor has great views , biggest rooms are 302-312, 310 is great and spacious
1 Thank Linda W
Dear Linda W

Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review of your most recent stay at The Midland.
I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team in general, and with those mentioned in partuicular, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Matt Stanaway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Travelodge Morecambe
#1 of 7 in Lancaster
The Clarendon Hotel
The Clarendon Hotel
#5 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!