The Midland
  • Restaurant
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    2,605 results
    All reviewsrotunda barart decoafternoon teaurban splasheric gillsun terracesea viewmorecambe bayspiral staircasebeautiful hotelmain restauranticonic buildingthe penthousefloor to ceiling windowsoriginal featuresspecial occasionfeature room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 21, 2013

we stayed for one night at the Midland and wished we could have stayed another night,it is a lovely clean and welcoming, foyer,slightly old fashioned and floor needs work but that does not cause any problems. Room was fantastic,such a contrast to downstairs, very very clean,very modern, everything hidden away in cupboards ,lovely comfy chairs, good selection of tea,coffee and yummy biscuits. Bed was very comfortable,view from the room was fantastic if a bit wet and windy (bad weather) We ate in the hotel, even though it was very busy, the food was excellent and service very good. Staff were brilliant could not ask for anything any better, well done to them all. Breakfast was very good, every thing anyone could want, hot was cooked to order and was piping hot and very good.The dining room overlooked Morecambe bay the view would have been spectacular if only it had stopped raining!!!! All in all a very pleasant stay and would certainly stay there again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

A very comfortable hotel in a superb location with beautiful views. The food in the restaurant was very good, However, bizarrely, when I asked in the restaurant for white bread, the waiter told me that they did not have any. In a 4* restaurant?

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner and I visited The Midland today, What a difference from when we were last there in the summer of 2011.

The foyer toilets were dirty, window sills needed dusting, We saw at least four pots of coffee being returned as undrinkable.

The mosaic floor is smashed and filled with dirty black mastic,

I was looked at as if I had asked for a line of cocaine when I asked for Bombay Sapphire

I chose a premium gin and was charged premium premium price

But what top class hotel serves gins and tonic without even offering a slice of lemon

Maybe I am being picky but I have spent almost 50 years working in the hotel industry

5  Thank Philip M
    Reviewed September 18, 2013

As we needed to stay in the area as we were visiting a friend ,I checked with trip advisor reviews before booking a hotel.I chose the Midland .We were not disappointed ,it was lovely,comfortable and everything we needed in the room.We booked an evening meal there and the food was fabulous ,well done the chef! Would certainly stay there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor sea view room
    • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
    2  Thank Ladycamellia
    Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything about our one night stay last night was enjoyable.
    All the staff were friendly and good at their jobs. Great room, great food.
    We had a third floor room with a huge balcony so the view would have been terrific if we could have seen anything apaert from rain. Huge picture windows give plenty of light.

1  Thank David L