“Afternoon Tea” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having lived in Morecambe for almost all my life, my Mother and I had always wanted to go to the Midland for Afternoon Tea but had never quite made it there. Well, I decided we would go. I looked on the website and it said that booking is advised so I booked. The staff were very good, and when I rang the next day to make my booking for 3 people rather than 2 they kindly obliged. We arrived at 3pm, and were one of the first groups there, but it soon filled up. Although not full, I was glad we booked.
We all had the traditional afternoon tea, and I must say that the actual tea was lovely (emeyu). The Afternoon Tea itself was very tasty and there was lots of it! We got around 6 individual sandwiches each, then a fruit tart, an eclair, and some cake and 2 scones. EACH!!! Safe to say I would have taken some home in a doggie bag, but they don't make you feel rushed, so we managed to eat it all. Tip though, avoid a big breakfast!
Had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Only niggle would be that it was very warm in the area which they seated us. Being that is practically a posh conservatory :) They did seem to put some type of aircon on at some point. But when people are eating and drinking hot beverages, the air con could probably benefit from being on all the time, especially in Summer.
Saying that though, had a lovely time. And am planning on taking my Nana at some point as I think she would really enjoy it. Great for a special occasion or just if you fancy spoiling yourself a bit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Miss_H24
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Miss_H24

Many thanks for a great review of your recent visit for afternoon tea.

I hope to welcome you back soon

Matt Stanaway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel is amazing and really enjoyed our stay. The view from our sea view room was great and the food in the hotel was great.
My only negative would be that there is not much to do in morecambe other than walk down the pier and along the seaside and there is no where to eat other than the hotel in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bratista85
Dear Bratista85

Thank you for a very positive review.
Should you be planning a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can recommend local attractions and places to eat!

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

a visit to Morecambe is not usually high on our list - sorry - it just isn't! however a dear friend chose the midland hotel for the venue for her wedding. the quality of the art deco features are stunning, as art deco fans we were blown away. our family room was huge (on the first floor) with a massive bathroom too. the views overlooking Morecambe bay were fantastic. the staff were more than helpful, really seeming to care about the quality of our stay. the evening meal was mass catering - but the standard excellent. the next morning breakfast was delicious. in short now I have a fab reason to visit Morecambe, any excuse to re-visit the midland hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sjw191255
Dear sjw191255

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Midland.
I was pleased to read that this was enjoyable and that you now have an reason to return to Morecambe!

Hazel Grove, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Beautifully refurbished art deco hotel giving the feeling of nostalgia. The bedroom with a balcony overlooking the bay and the lake district in the distance was clean, comfortable and quiet.
Their breakfast was excellent and I would highly recommend their restaurant, which serves lots of locally sourced ingredients, beef, shrimp, chicken and fesh fish.
The staff are pleasant and helpful.
The location is ideal fro visiting the southern lakes.

Room Tip: Choose a room over looking the bay on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Davidann8

Many thanks for a very positive review of your recent stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Both my wife & myself have just spent two wonderful nights at this beautiful hotel. This was to celebrate my wife's birthday & as such I booked us into the penthouse suite, which at the time of booking appeared very expensive. However after spending the last two nights at this hotel I can not recommend it to highly! From the receptionists first warm welcome to the extremely cheerful gentleman on checking out. One could not fault this one.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear david d

Thank you for posting a great review of your recent two night stay at The Midland.
I was delighted to read that this was enjoyable and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Cinderford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited the Midland to celebrate my husband's birthday. Beforehand I rang and spoke to Poppy on a number of occasions to arrange for a cake, champagne etc to be available on our arrival. Although my requests were last minute nothing was too much trouble. We had a beautiful room and a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with two sets of French doors on the 2nd floor are lovely and sunny and bright. You also get a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yvonne R

Many thanks for a very positive review of your recent stay and for your kind comments relating to Poppy in particular.
I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Midland in the not too distant future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Midland for dinner b&b and had a brilliant time. I really couldn't suggest an improvement that I would like to see. The hotel was smart, the food was great and the staff attentive, professional with good product knowledge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David L

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Midland.
I was pleased to read that this was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Matt Stanaway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Lancaster House
Auckland Hotel
Auckland Hotel
#4 of 11 in Morecambe
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!