“Always great”

The Midland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Morecambe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we arrived I just felt happy
This place manages to combine old time glamour with modern boutique hotel living I'm a huge fan of this style of architecture so can't say anything more but interesting blend of the modern hotel room makes it a fascinating visit The hotel staff couldn't do enough for us - we cycle and they took our bikes in and out of secure cellars both evenings without the slightest sign of complaints Great advice and help about cycling at the reception - knowledgable and helpful Thanks guys - hope to be back

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lmccadden
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear lmccadden

Many thanks for a very positive review of your recent stay.
We are always happy to assist with bike storage - especially with the popularity of the 'Way of the Roses' cycle route meaning we are welcoming more and more keen cyclists to the hotel!
I look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact us prior to a future stay if we may be of any assistance whatsoever.

There are newer reviews for The Midland

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel was fabulous, and the ambience reflected an art deco feel including the background music and the fabulous spiral staircase! The view from the back of the hotel was fantastic as it has a panoramic view of Morecambe Bay. The staff were all very well trained, efficient and friendly and clearly had a sense of pride in the hotel itself. The room was very comfortable and contemporary with customised fittings - we did struggle to find the toilet but all was revealed eventually! The food was fab. The only downside to the hotel is Morecambe itself as there was not much to do outside the hoteland the area was fairly run down.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Col2006

Many thanks for a very positive review of your recent stay.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Midland very soon

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having been to Morecambe as a child, and seeing the crumbling white building on the see front that was the Midland Hotel, I always wondered what it would have been like to stay there. Last july I finally got the chance.

Check in was quick and efficient with friendly staff. My room had a sea view and was on the second floor with a balcony. The room itself was large, with a seating area at one and the bed at the other. All the rooms facilities where cleverly concealed within the custom designed storage unit in the room, half the fun is exploring all the different compartments, and seeing what is in there. I only found the toilet because I’d read tripadvisor :)

Some of reviewers have mentioned that some of the furniture is not very comfortable. The chairs in my room were fine, but the room next door were not particularly comfortable.

I had one meal from room service, this was delivered quickly and was nice and hot. On our second night we had a meal in the restaurant, the food was excellent as was view on the sun setting.

I have a mobility scooter, and the staff were very helpful in letting me store park it in one of the unused function rooms.

Overall a very nice stay, and I’m looking forward to returning in June this time to stay in a Suite for my 40th.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Westiesarefun

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at The Midland last July

I was delighted to read that this was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Elegant, tastefully refurbished and perfectly positioned on the bay. With a bit of good fortune you will catch one of the wonderful sunsets and, if not, just imagine what it's like. Food is excellent in both the restaurant and the bar; the staff are courteous and friendly throughout the hotel. Comfy beds, spacious rooms and double-glazed windows that actually open for a bit of fresh air make this a great hotel stay. Ask at reception where you will find the WC in your room because it's a bit of a challenge!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent - those with a sea view more expensive.

Dear Peter R

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of your recent stay at The Midland.
I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very beautifully preserved art deco building. Large spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds. Very good breakfast. Attentive service. Fabulous gluten free dinner with many choices. Spectacular views from the room. Faultless.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view

Dear darlomaid

Many thanks for a great review of your stay at The Midland.
I was glad to read that this was enjoyable and that you enjoyed our gluten free menu.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have wanted to stay at this lovely Art Deco Hotel for some years having watched a tv programme about its restoration. My husband and I spent 3 nights here and loved every minute. The food is truly FANTASTIC. Our room was very comfortable, warm with a gorgeous view across Morecombe Bay. We watched 3 fabulous February sunsets from our room/balcony. The hotel s perfectly located to access the Lake District which we did on two days to visit Beatrix Potter's Hill House and the Arts and Craft Gem, Blackwell House, at lake Windermere, but this hotel was a lovely place to return to each evening. We would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends and family.

1  Thank FrancieGJG
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear FrancieGJG

Many thanks for a great review of your 3rd and most recent stay at The Midland.
I hope to welcome you back for a 4th stay very soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

When we arrived in the car park and as I was taking our luggage out of the car boot. A hotel, member of the staff took the bags straight out of my hands and placed our luggage in the reception what a nice service.
We were shown to our room and I was impressed again with the decor it was beautifully decorated and to a high standard as we had expected. The ambience of the hotel was perfectly pitched in every possible way and the 1940s music playing in the public areas was a nice idea. We had a lovely evening meal and including breakfast we were spoilt for chioce as to what to choose which is a rareity these days. The attentive waiting staff and the meal was delicious and reminded me of how food should be cooked and perpared.
Brian (hotel employee) he noticed that we were very interested in the hotel and he gave us a tour of the hotel, you could tell that he was very excited about the hotel and we can't believe the transformation of this hotel since we last stayed in the late 90s.
My I use this opportunity to thank each and everyone @ Midland for making our stay an experience that we will never forget.

Dear Stag300

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay.
I will , of course, share your comments with the rest of the team (Brian in particular) and hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Matt Stanaway

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Travelodge Morecambe
#1 of 6 in Lancaster
The Clarendon Hotel
The Clarendon Hotel
#5 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!