“A dream location”

The Midland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Morecambe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I live in Morecambe, and visit the Midland hotel frequently. I must say the outside is looking a bit warn, due to being open to the sea winds and the elements, but once you are inside you are transformed into another world.. one that goes back to the 1920-30's. The decor is amazing. The restaurant serves an amazing variety of good quality food. The bar is in a wonderful locaton with views across Morecambe Bay. There is nothing better than sitting on the patio on a summers evening watching the sun go down over the mountains of the Lake District. If you are in the area this hotel is a must..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear compo11

Thank you posting a very positive review.
It is always a pleasure to welcome back regular visitors to the hotel and I do hope that your next visit will be just as enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for The Midland

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ended our round UK trip with a night at the Midland 6/7th November and it was the highlight of our trip! The hotel is in a splendid position overlooking Morcambe Bay; the room was luxurious with fluffy bathrobes, quality toiletries and stylish decor; public areas are very smart in authentic Deco style with soft 30's music to set the scene.
Above all, the staff were very friendly and welcoming and served a scrumptious beakfast (my choice: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs). Altogether a great experience. We'll be back soon!!

Room Tip: Our room was light filled and comfortable - we had not requested a sea view, but in the summer a bal...

Dear Mary M

Thank you for a fantastic review of your recent stay and for your kind comments thereon.
I will, of course, share your review with the rest of the team and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a lovely night staying at the Midland. Our room was lovely with sea views and a balcony. The staff were friendly and attentative. Breakfast was good, the view overlooking the bay was excellent. What an incredible place to stay.

Room Tip: Fantastic views well worth paying extra for sea view with balcony.

Dear Jenny H

Thank you for posting a great review of your recent stay.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Midland in the very near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay at The Midland in Morecambe. We had been recommended by a friend to book with a KGB deal, adding a seaview supplement to the basic cost. It was a great experience. The art deco style has been sympathetically retained in the public areas and the staircase and reception hall, with the Eric Gill bas relief behind the desk are quite stunning. The dining room has beautiful views across Morecambe Bay and the food served is delicious. Staff are very friendly and helpful and happy. The bedroom we had on the second floor was spacious and minimalist in style, which served to accentuate the beautiful seascape outside. Unique entry (via a revolving wood - panelled wall that reveals or hides the interior) to a well-appointed bathroom with an excellent shower and loads of towels. Very quiet and peaceful, as you are away from road noise; just the swish of the waves as the tide rushes in across the bay. We will return!

Room Tip: We had room 220, sea-facing. Worth the supplement.

Dear Kate H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent 2 night stay at The Midland.
I was glad to read that this was enjoyable and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My sister & I wanted to make our mothers 80th Birthday on the 15.11.12 special by taking her to the Midland Hotel for a birthday lunch, unfortunately that did not happen. We selected our starters and main courses, on arrival the starters were OK nothing special especially the Morecambe Bay Shrimps my mother had, after a long delay we finally received the main course all three of us had selected the same non of us eat much of the meal, no one came to us shortly after receiving the main course to see if everything was satisfactory when finally the waitress came to take the plates away she asked if everything was ok I informed her it was not and that we were not happy she said she would inform her supervisor of this. My mother, sister, & I did not want a sweet after the poor main course but my mother wanted a coffee which she waited a long time for. I expected the supervisor to come to see us but no one did and even when my sister went to pay the bill no one addressed the situation. My mother said" the best thing was the view across the bay." I have contacted the deputy manager regarding the poor standard of food and service and he said he is going to get someone to get back to me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia T

Dear Patricia T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to The Midland.
I was sorry to read that, on this occasion, we failed to meet your expectations and believe that my Restaurant Manager has contacted you in an effort to address your concerns.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

so beautiful . i can highly reccomend the spa and a spot of lunch. Mum and i loved our day out . Based right on the sea front . You get amazing views of the bay and the architecture is breathtaking XX

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear SarahSuthers

Thank you for the great review of your recent visit to the Midland Spa and restaurant.
I was delighted to read that this was enjoyable and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked afternoon tea for our daughter's 30th birthday firstly I must say the service and food was fantastic we all were treated very well so well done the Midland on getting this correct.

The downside was that as we were in the conservatory it was very cold and you could hear a constant whistle noise so I will now recomend that if you fancy afternoon tea wait until we get some summer weather or wear something very warm.

If the Midland do fix the heating problem & noise we would gladly go back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear MintcakeKendal

Thank you for the review of your recent visit to The Midland.
Whilst I was glad to read that, overall, this was enjoyable, I was sorry to read that your visit coincided with an issue with our automated heating system in the Sun Terrace. This was promptly attended to and please rest assured that this was an unexpected and short-lived issue that, unfortunately, coincided with extreme weather conditions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally prior to a future visit so that I can ensure this is altogether more comfortable.

Matt Stanaway

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Travelodge Morecambe
#1 of 6 in Lancaster
The Clarendon Hotel
The Clarendon Hotel
#5 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!