The Westleigh
    Royal Kings Arms(Lancaster)
    • Restaurant
    Globe Hotel(Overton)
    View Hotel
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 3, 2013

Frequenting Morecambe a lot over the years I have stayed in quite a few b&b's, The Westleigh is one of the best I have stayed in. On arrival we were given a warm gretting and advised of everything we needed to know before proceeding to our rooms. The hotel was very clean, we had single rooms of which were quite adequate with en suite facilities in each. Personally I did not have breakfast but a friend with me did and said it was very nice. I could not fault The Westleigh and for futrue trips to Morecambe this will be the first establishment I check for availability.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed September 25, 2012

stayed at westleigh 21st september 2012 the service we received was A1,the staff were polite and nothing was to much trouble,stayed in room 3 first class views over the bay of the lakes.
    the room itself we could not fault,the room was spotless clean as was the shower room,very comfy bed a great nights sleep will stay here again the english breakfast was first class also liked the idea of having a choice from a menu......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed August 29, 2012

A tired looking establishment with very poor customer service. Rooms were dated and the showers cold. Not a good start to a 170 mile bike ride!.Would not recommend to any members embarking on the Way of the Roses bike ride infact the only good point is the sea view.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Paul R
    Reviewed August 20, 2012

we were rather dissapointed at this hotel /guesthouse,the beds were very uncomfortable ,but bedding & towels were clean the tv didnt work properly neither did the shower,the tv lounge was being refurbished apparently ,which meant we had to sit in our room ,.the breakfast was very nice ,we cant comment on staff as we didnt see only one girl which signed us in did the cleaning and served breakfast which she did with little fuss ,we stayed at a much superior hotel second night and cheaper tarriff too ,,will not return to westleigh sorry .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank welshlady1Amlwch
    Reviewed August 15, 2012

Right the hottel is nothing more or less than ok, but I,ve been in worse, if your lucky enough to have a sea view like us look at the sea not the town. Staff at hotel nice and friendly, food good, and that my fellow travellers is where my hotel review ends, oh theres no lift if your disabled, there is a iffy looking stairlift. Now my review on Morecombe, first and last time here what a DUMP, really run down and dirty looking town, perhaps the councillors of this area should get of there lazy butts and take a long hard look and think would I really come here for a holiday, and then remember the locals who have to live their all year long.

Room Tip: DONT COME TO MORECOMBE., and you wont be disappionted, cant think of anything else to say to yous, am not a lover of the Morcombe/Blackpool resort thing, only place I,ve liked in this area was Southport and that was over 10 years ago.
    • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family