“Breakaway”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pickering
Lincoln
“Breakaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife & I stayed Sunday 8th June for one night in Pickering at The Old Manse Hotel, en route to Cayton Bay for a week, Absolutely lovely, quite Hotel In a quite road, a short stroll from town centre, We met Val the owner on arrival, a lovely lady, who checked us in and left us to our own devices. We stayed in room 3 which is a 4 poster room that faces onto the rear with some pleasant views, ensuite was fine, with big fluffy white towels and bath robes to snuggle into. we both had a great nights sleep. Breakfast next morning was excellent with so much to choose from plus a full English too, plenty of fresh coffee. The young girl serving breakfast was most pleasant & attentive. I wish we'd stayed another night, we'll certainly be booking again. Thanks Val. p.s. if you stay in Pickering on Sundays, be aware that Pubs stop serving food around 5pm

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
`Thank you for your lovely review I glad you enjoyed yourselves. regarding food in Pickering
you can be served up till 9 at some Hotels and the Fish Shop is open till 6.30 on Sunday
hope you didnt go hungry. Thank you again.
Kind regards Valerie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hornsea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife & I spent four nights over two weekends at this excellent Hotel.
I never sleep well for the first night in a strange bed, but at the Manse, I slept like a log!!
Our room was a good size for the two of us & the bed was very comfortable.
It is little wonder that Val has been awarded at least two certificates for her breakfasts because I don't think I have ever had better, anywhere!
Val & her staff were very helpful & friendly & I hope I get the opportunity to stay there again.
It could not have been better!

Room Tip: The garden room is (for me) perfect because it is on the ground floor & opens into the garden.
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We also managed to get some good weather for you.
It was very nice meeting you both and I hope to welcome you again.

Gravesend, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic find! We stayed here for two nights with the idea of going on a trip on the steam train across the moors. Wow! A superb small hotel, great room (1), warm welcome and fantastic breakfasts. To top it all, unbeknown to us when booking, the hotel is about a 4/5 minute walk from the station. The town is delightful too and near the railway. A lovely weekend and thoroughly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdunkley55
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review it was lovely to read. I am glad you had such a lovely time.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both again.

Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just returned from spending 3 lovely nights at the Old Manse, on our arrival we had a lovely warm welcome from Val nothing was too much trouble for her. We had a lovely view from our bedroom window, the bedroom was spotless with towels changed daily, the breakfast was 1st class. We had evening dinner on one night it was absolutely delicious all home cooked food! If you are ever visiting Pickering we would highly recommend the Old Manse you truly won't be disappointed. Thank you so much Val for our enjoyable stay with you, we will be returning

1 Thank stellaparadise
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review - I was thrilled to read it.
I am glad you had a lovely time it was lovely meeting you both and Max. Hope we will meet again.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here in April and thoroughly recommend it, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the owner allowed the car to be parked the following day while we caught the steam train to Whitby, the B&B is perfectly placed for the station 2-3 minute walk. We had the garden room and great weather to allow us to sit in the garden, have a wine or 7 and fall back in the door. Breakfast was the perfect hangover cure, plenty of it and well presented with plenty of their famous coffee.
we are definitely going back, the sooner the better

Room Tip: We had the garden room, great spot if the weather is right, sit right outside your door and listen t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank howard1302
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review it was wonderful to read.
I glad you had such a good time we look forward to welcoming you back and promise to have lots
of coffee on. Kind regards Valerie
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I can't really say my stay at the Old Manse Hotel was particularly enjoyable, in fact it was terrible. Me and my partner wanted a get away to the countryside, and as we had visited Pickering before and enjoyed our stay, we decided we would book to visit again. When looking for accommodation the Old Manse seemed perfect- cheap, perfect location, meals available, so we went ahead and booked a room for two. However the stay was unpleasant, having found dog hairs in both meals we had there, and having a room that smelt very strong of cigarettes, we were also woke up early by a large dog barking and just really didn't feel to welcome. The only positive about thing about our stay was the location, as we love Pickering and did have a nice get away visiting the local attractions, but I'm not going to lie our choice of accommodation did affect our enjoyment of the weekend. Will not be visiting again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ja_bdp
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello
You stayed in October 2013 and you have only decided to give a review in May 2014 I have just looked over the 2013 bookings and am unable to trace you? If you had such a terrible time surely you would have complained at the time. We do not have smoking in the Old Manse, and should such
a matter like a smokey room arise we would have stripped the room of everything bedding everything
and the next guest would have not have been able to detect any smoke.
Perhaps you would like to identify yourself so we can trace you on our records.
I would be very interested to know why it took so long.
Valerie
Pickering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Old Manse Hotel, more of an Inn, is conveniently located with especially friendly and warm hospitality (we felt fussed over in a nice way). Our room (spotlessly clean) was well sized and appointed, and had high ceilings, which with two large windows, had a light and airy feeling. The breakfast and dinner alone are worth the stay -- delicious meals made from fresh local ingredients.

ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review it was so lovely to read,
I am glad you enjoyed yourselves. Hope the rest of your holiday is good.
Kind regards Valerie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
BEST WESTERN Forest & Vale Hotel
#3 of 49 in Pickering
The Black Swan
The Black Swan
#16 of 49 in Pickering

Been to Old Manse Hotel? Share your experiences!