“Good Stay”
Review of Beansheaf

Beansheaf
Ranked #25 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed for 1 night whilst working locally. I arrived late and had a friendly welcome and was checked in and shown to my room.
My room was spacious and had a couple of chocolates and bottles of J2O included - a nice touch.
I found the food to be good quality, homemade, and excellent value. Breakfast was also good.
The only downside was a bit of traffic noise during the early morning as the main road into Pickering got a little busier.
I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good size room with large comfy bed, very clean and plenty of tea and coffee. All phone numbers we could possibly need were listed in the folder from doctors to taxis. Lovely breakfast and good service. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sashasmudge
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed with a group of 14 for 4 nights to attend Pickering steam rally rooms were clean, food was very good but the service a little slow especially at breakfast. I thought the bar could have stayed open later we came back from the rally late to find everywhere in darkness Overall it was a comfortable and enjoyable stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room I stayed in was immaculate in its presentation and cleanliness and I was also impressed with the folder of general information which listed a good collection of useful telephone numbers such as nearby doctor and dentist for emergency purposes.

I would, though, have one major and one minor criticism:

The major criticism I have is I found my duvet to be extremely starchy and hence had the ‘grating’ feel that many people associate with touching polystyrene and therefore if anyone from the hotel is reading this I would recommend using a better softener and/or getting a better laundry arrangement.

The minor criticism I have is there was no garden furniture at the back of the hotel to make use of the very large lawn at the back of the hotel in the summer months.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CAdams12345
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night in room 1 which is freshly decorated to a good standard. Very comfortable super-king bed with good quality linen. No complaints about room. Excellent value for money. Just two small niggles 1. Tinned not fresh tomatoes for cooked breakfast 2. Bar closed early on a Friday night. Arrived back to hotel at 11pm after a concert expecting to be able to enjoy a nightcap - everywhere in darkness!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My only surviving brother and I met 3 cousins from mid Yorkshire and dined at the Beansheaf. The table was pre-booked and we were allowed to stay as long as we wished. Meals were ordered and the service was quick and the staff were helpful and very polite. All agreed that the meals were excellent and a bargain. I travelled 80 miles from the north and my cousins travelled a similar distance from the south. We were very pleased with the meal, service and conserate staff. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a pleasant two-night stay at the Beansheaf. We found all of the staff we encountered to be friendly, helpful and polite during our stay, from the duty manager/s through to the cleaner and reception staff.
A couple of maintenance issues arose during our stay (a stuck window blind and a hand basin tap). These were both rectified quickly and efficiently when pointed out.
There were two veggie main dishes on the menu - we tried each on consecutive evenings, and both were equally delicious and well-cooked. (We might have had to look elsewhere for variety if we had stayed longer though). Breakfasts were well-cooked and filling.
The exterior looked a little tired and in need of redecoration, but the inside was clean and up to a reasonable standard. Overall we could recommend the Beansheaf at least for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a busy main road, so light sleepers would be .wise to take a room at the back if pos...