“Friendly place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
White Horse Farm Inn
Ranked #11 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Friendly place to stay”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend break in beautiful surroundings. Amazing service and helpful friendly staff. The breakfast was one of the nicest we have had anywhere. Will definately look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 151AnnB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for one night 10/8. A warm welcome and shown to our £95pn room, which was just fine for us and very clean.
Friends joined us for dinner which was typical pub food; Nothing too exciting but no complaints. Only gripe would be is that breakfast is between 8:30 -9:30. When I am away, I like a lie in especially the weekend. High praise for the lovely staff.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresa B
skipton
Reviewed August 4, 2013

3 couples on a sunny weekend - we spent the evening drinking and all had meals. I've come to half expect substandard service and generally poor reception in those places that rely far more on tourism than local trade. Mainly they don't need to impress because most don't go back. And with only 2 pubs in the village they have fairly much a captive trade. However this place is the exception, and we were made to feel welcome by the landlord on a busy evening. The food was excellent and we enjoyed good beer. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LindaSkipton
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After several really nice meals at The White Horse and being fairly local to us, we decided to book a meal to celebrate my birthday. When my meal of roast beef and yorkshire pudding arrived I could immediately smell a "cheesy, sickly" smell. When everybody was served I lifted the yorkshire pudding and the smell was obvious to everyone on our table. My husband went to the bar to discretely state that the beef was off on which the waitress an elderly lady (not sure if she was the owner) came and snatched my plate away. After approx 5 mins she came back and told me the chef had said there was nothing wrong with the beef. I was quite embarrassed by this and said that their obviously was. I was then told that she had also tasted the beef and it was fine and reiterated there was nothing wrong with it. We were all shocked into an embarressed silence by this. She reluctantly offered me a choice of something else. I therefore ordered the sausage & mash, thinking this would be a quick alternative as the rest of our party had already been served. Unfortunately it was another 20-30 minutes before my meal arrived by which time everybody else had finished. We were then completely ignored throughout the evening with the waitress pushing past our table several times to attend to other guests.
I received no apology for the rancid meal which was served to me and was made to feel that it was my fault that the beef was inedible and I was lying about it.
What a shame that the waitress was also as unpleasant as the food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank LTaylor528
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the beginning of June, we were lucky with the weather and had a nice relaxing break. The staff are friendly and helpful creating a welcoming atmosphere, food excellent and the view front the rooms at the front could not be beaten. Rooms are clean and comfortable will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front, no superior rooms overlooking valley but the view more than makes up for it a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malone1958
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed three nights here in a superior room at the front of the building. The view from the front is truly beautiful looking out over Rosedale and beyond. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant all three nights and the food was of very high quality and reasonably priced - the portions were also huge - whoever is in charge of portion control here obviously has a very big appetite! Our room had a very comfortable bed and a separate sitting area with a large television. I would recommend any one thinking of booking to request a front facing room for THAT view! My only grumble would be the curtains (as mentioned by several other reviewers), they were white and flimsy with a white blind behind, as a result the room was filled with daylight just after 4am which made it difficult to sleep. However I would certainly recommend and hope to return again myself in the future.

Room Tip: Request a front facing room, Room 8 has a separate sitting area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackieQuart
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel along with our two friends who were celebrating their 25th Wedding Anniversary.
The rooms looked that they had been re-furbished recently and were of a very high standard.
We were fortunate to have a table for dinner that was placed adjacent to a window overlooking the most stunning view imagineable.
The food for both the evening meal and breakfast was first-class and the service was superb
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to returning in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TimF643
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
The White Swan Inn
Raven Hall Hotel
Raven Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ravenscar
Ann's Cottage and The Old Smithy

Been to White Horse Farm Inn? Share your experiences!