“"Great B&B"”

Ranked #16 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
solihull
“"Great B&B"”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at Rains Farm on Saturday 6th July whilst visiting the North Yorkshire Railway and could not wish for a better B&B in the area.
Having arrived at 6.30 after getting lost (see later) we were welcomed by our host Lorraine who showed us to our bedroom and the rest of the property (excellent lounge) and then we asked her if there was a taxi service locally as we would like to go the local pub (The Cayley Arms....can see review on Tripadvisor) in the village.She immediately offered to take us there and back later as taxis would have to come from Pickering first and very kindly booked us a table for 7.30 at the pub.

Lorraine brought us back at 9.30 after us phoning her and we enjoyed the rest of our evening relaxing outside having a couple of drinks overlooking the pond and trees.
Our twin bedroom was clean and comfortable and we had a lovely full English breakfast (nice fresh fruit).
It was the hospitality of Lorraine that made our stay so enjoyable and would recommend staying here to everybody
Web..www.rains-farm-holidays.co.uk
Tel..01723-859333

SAT NAV USERS NOTE
Make a note the post code also belongs to Carr House Farm that took us down a lane via the Vale of Pickering Caravan Park to the end of the lane.Follow the directions supplied by Rains Farm instead

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and by the number of places you have reviewed and cities visited you have many experiences to compare me with! I am always interested in helping my guests enjoy their time here and for them to leave singing my praises and not the blues! Thank you and hopefully you will return one day. Best wishes Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a lovely two day stay at Rains Farm b&b everything was just right, breakfast was excellent, bed very comfortable, and we felt very relaxed. We would certainly stay again if we are up that way. Thank you Lorraine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you Norma for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I enjoy good food myself so like to produce high quality breakfasts. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Rains Farm sometime in the future. Best wishes Lorraine
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Another wonderful visit to an Oasis of Peace and Quiet. Lorraine the owner is such a friendly person who provides such a warm and personnel welcome you feel totally relaxed from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. If you stay in the B & B or a Self Catering Cottaqe the standard of accommodation is five star plus and the breakfasts are superb with a selection of foods which are hard to beat. The location is central to numerous place of interest and places to eat. Rains Farm is a place to good to miss.

1 Thank adder52
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and I am glad you enjoy the breakfasts I serve, I think it's very important to give guests good quality locally sourced food with plenty of choice & served with a smile!. I will look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future. Best wishes Lorraine
Kilmacolm
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been visiting Rains Farm twice a year for the past 4 years when I go to watch Yorkshire cricket matches at Scarborough.

It came as no surprise to me when Lorraine won the AA 2012 title for the Friendliest B & B in Britain. The welcome, accommodation, and especially the breakfasts could not be bettered and nothing is too much trouble for Lorraine to make your stay perfect.

The location is beautifully quiet, yet within 20 minutes of Scarborough, and good local eating places, nicely screened by Lorraine for quality and price, are recommended..

Room Tip: All rooms are very good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kenneth H
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am always pleased to welcome you back to Rains Farm and I will look forward to seeing you again later this year and hope you are able to enjoy the cricket in some summer sunshine! Best wishes Lorraine
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for an anniversary treat and had a lovely relaxing time. The breakfast was terrific and the room was comfortable. We are both quite fussy and couldn't fault the cleanliness. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your relaxing anniversary stay here. I do take pride in my excellent breakfasts and service. Fine food and service are important, something I enjoy when on holiday myself. I hope to see you again in the future and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Best wishes Lorraine
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is wonderful, if slightly off the beaten track. Lorraine is incredibly attentive to her guests. Many beautiful villages are within a 30 minute drive. Her food trail was excellent and provided hint on where to dine.

1 Thank MarkCIA
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I hope you had a good journey back to America. You must have brought the Florida sunshine here with you and it is still shining in Yorkshire! Our beautiful rural location is our best selling point with stunning views all around. We are very central for all attractions and only 10 minutes from Pickering, NYM Steam railway, the North York Moors and Dalby Forest. Within 20 to 30 minutes you can be in Scarborough, York, Whitby and Castle Howard. The Foodie trail I created is a great hit and helps anyone choose the best places to eat in the area and I am very pleased you enjoyed your dinner at the Brandy Snap Bistro in Thornton le Dale on my recommendation. I always aim to make all my guests happy and am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you back again sometime in the future. Best wishes Lorraine.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Arrived and Lorraine gave us a very warm welcome and shown to our accommodation which was spotless we stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed the stay WIFI was very good and fast and also Lorraine was able the accommodate my wife's Gluten Free Diet will go back again

Room Tip: South side room overlooking the farm fields
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael A
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Rains Farm. I was delighted to offer your wife a gluten free breakfast as I know how difficult it can be at times as my own mother has similar requirements. I hope we can welcome you back here again in the future. Best wishes Lorraine.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel
#18 of 46 in Pickering
Chestnut Cottage B&B
Chestnut Cottage B&B
#76 of 183 in Scarborough

Been to Rains Farm Holidays? Share your experiences!