“Fabulous Hospitality - Fabulous Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Rains Farm Holidays
Ranked #15 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
“Fabulous Hospitality - Fabulous Location”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Many thanks to Lorraine for our lovely long weekend stay - the cottage was perfect - it was spotlessly clean & thanks for the lovely touches to make our stay so great.
A special mention for the breakfast too !!

It is a great place to stay to visit North Yorkshire & a trip on the North York Moors Railway is magical

Loved it so much we plan to go back for a longer stay

Dave & Ella From Crawley

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Minigirl03
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your enthusiastic review, I try hard to please and to make my guests happy. I enjoy and appreciate excellent service myself when on holiday so relish the opportunity to replicate the same high standards when guests stay with me here at Rains Farm. To compliment our B&B and Self catering operations we now offer Dove cottage as a suite, you have the convenience of all that a self catering cottage provides with the added luxurious extras of serviced accommodation plus a delicious breakfast served to your suite! Just the same as these reviewers enjoyed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for a week over half term 2012. A very clean and well presented cottage with friendly owners. Cottage was well fitted with comfortable beds and facilities. It would be nice if the wi-fi reached the cottage, but I got a GSM signal on my phone. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank louthwhite
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely, positive review. I am working on the wi fi situation. It is available in certain cottages already and hope that by the next time you stay the situation of wi fi access will be resolved by boosting the signal around the properties.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our second visit and it is just as good as the first. It is all on the level too, which is very good for me with arthritis. Lorraine thinks of everything to make your stay as good as home. The cottage is welcoming and cosy. Very clean and full of everything that is needed for making a 4 course meal or just a sandwich. We like going because of the peace and quiet, NO BARKING DOGS!!!. There are plenty of places to visit. Whitby is a good town. Goathland (Heartbeat country). Thornton-Le-Dale is a beautiful village with a stream running by the side of the road. The reataurant is good too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Dove cottage. It is one of the most valuable things we can offer here, the peace and tranquility. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy your week of peace. You know where we are when you need to escape the rat race in teh future. I will look forward to seeing you again sometime. Best wishes Lorraine.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we have just spent 1 night in the b&b and 1 week in orchard cottage this being our 5th visit if you want 1st class b&b or cottage accomodation that is very clean,spacious and everything you need just like at home then look no further.great welcome on arrival and great price for the type of accomodation.lots to do within easy driving distance and plenty of wildlife on farm and within the area..always had a great time here and a wonderful place to relax.lorraine and family look after you really well.once you have found such a great place at the right price then you are home and dry and thats why we always return.

Room Tip: all cottages are well equipped ,very clean and very quiet and relaxing location
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very pleased that you have pointed out that my accommodation is good value for money. I have always tried to re invest my earnings back into the properties to maintain the high standards I know guests prefer. Book now for 2013 before I decide to put the prices up!!! I will look forward to seeing you again next year. Best wishes Lorraine
leicester
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have just spent 8 days at Rains Farm, A week in Dove cottage and one more night B & B in room5, Ground floor. Both were excellent. Beauitifully clean and comfortable also well equipped. We have stayed 3 times before and will certainly return again. Lovely views & countryside, Lots of Goldfinches & Hares, and a very warm & jolly welcome from Lorraine once again! we will be back again in the cricket season!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. I am always delighted when people return as it means I am providing accommodation that people enjoy and wish to return to! Hopefully next year the sun will shine cricket week! I will look forward to seeing again next year. Best wishes Lorraine.
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have just returned fom a 4 night stay at this farmhouse b&b in the Yorkshire countryside, we had a great welcome from the "bubbly" Lorraine,with coffee & home made cakes in the large residents lounge.We stayed in one of the upstairs en-suite rooms which was of a very good standard and spotlessly clean.The breakfast in the morning was fantastic with a good choice and very very filling no need for lunch here,with the added bonus of all the wild life visiting the patio area and Lorrains bubbly personality making friends with fellow guests easy.
Rains Farm is situated in a ideal location to visit The North York Moors & Coast,York & East Riding area of Yorkshire, Castle Howard, National Trust properties and The NYM Railway.
There are plenty of places to eat within a short drive on Lorrains "foody trail" , we had a great time and look forward to a return visit.
ps: There is also 5 s\contained cottages at the farm which look fabulous , thank you Lorraine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your informative review. We are so lucky with all the wildlife that come to visit Rains Farm. I am especially thrilled when guests are able to enjoy viewing the variety of species that make an appearance here at the farm. I hope to see you again in the future as there is so much to see and do in the area, thank you once again. Lorraine.
Porth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from a week in Granary cottage with its huge lounge windows overlooking the beautiful countryside,the cottage was spotlessly clean and was well equipped,we were greeted by Lorraine who made you feel like an old friend.We visited Whitby with its many fish restaurants,give Trenchers a try, haddock to die for ,we also visited Scarborough,Filey and Bridlington.Hope to visit Rains Farm again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased you found your cottage clean and well equipped. It is very important to me that all my accommodation is very clean for guests to check into so that they can relax straight away. II really do pride myself on keeping up high standards of cleanliness and comfort. I will look forward to seeing you both again in the future and hope your shopping trip on the way home went well! Best wishes Lorraine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
The Talbot Hotel Malton
#1 of 29 in Pickering
Barker Stakes Farm
Barker Stakes Farm
#2 of 46 in Pickering

Been to Rains Farm Holidays? Share your experiences!