“A great week,so peaceful.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Rains Farm Holidays
Ranked #15 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from a week in Granary cottage with its huge lounge windows overlooking the beautiful countryside,the cottage was spotlessly clean and was well equipped,we were greeted by Lorraine who made you feel like an old friend.We visited Whitby with its many fish restaurants,give Trenchers a try, haddock to die for ,we also visited Scarborough,Filey and Bridlington.Hope to visit Rains Farm again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased you found your cottage clean and well equipped. It is very important to me that all my accommodation is very clean for guests to check into so that they can relax straight away. II really do pride myself on keeping up high standards of cleanliness and comfort. I will look forward to seeing you both again in the future and hope your shopping trip on the way home went well! Best wishes Lorraine

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just returned from a three night bed and breakfast stay at Rains Farm. What a superb place this is, set just off the A170 Pickering to Scarborough road in a really tranquil spot. Lorraine lived up to a well deserved reputation as the friendliest B&B hostess in the country!!!! (AA National Award)

Our bedroom was very well appointed with ensuite shower room, overlooking the gardens and little pond. Lovely comfy beds and fluffy towels along with tea and coffee making facilities and fresh milk were greatly enjoyed.

Breakfast choices were many and varied for all sizes of appetites. Everything we had was piping hot and really delicious, delivered with a friendly smile and really set us up for our days out exploring the nearby delights of Whitby, Runswick Bay and Staithes with its access to the Cleveland Way. We followed directions for a round trip supplied by Lorraine. A fact file filled with information and tourist brochures are ready to hand. There is so much to do in this area.

Any enquiries about meals out, are answered with good detail and we enjoyed two evening meals at "The Grapes" as recommended by Lorraine.

Chocolates and a card were lovely touches and very much appreciated, as a birthday was celebrated whilst we were there. All in all, a superb place to stay, which by the look of the guest book is re-visited time and again and next time we are in the area, we will be returning to Rains Farm too!

Room Tip: If you want to self cater rather stay bed and breakfast, then Rains Farm also has number of cottages...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and complimentary review. I really do appreciate your kind words and pride myself on the fact that you are obviously well traveled and know what you are talking about! I will look forward to seeing you both again sometime in the future. Best wishes, Lorraine.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Thank you Lorraine and Jean for such a lovely stay. We stayed at the Wren cottage and everything was pristine. We were welcomed with chocolates and flowers! We also had family staying at the Orchard cottage (this cottage is good for people who struggle to get up the stairs.). There is absolutely nothing to complain about. Bathroom was very clean and the kitchen was well provided for, with oven, grill and microwave. Beds were very comfortable and clean. Great for families young or old. We were lucky with the weather and it was lovely to be able to sit outside at the courtyard. it is driving distance to some of the most beautiful parts of the country. The Yorkshire moors is beautiful and the heather was out! Fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. We do pride ourselves on keeping all our accommodation very clean for our guests and try to provide everything that guests may need whilst on holiday here. I enjoy having a continual program of maintenance to keep everything to a high standard. I hope you and your family will return again soon as there is always plenty to see and do in this beautiful part of North Yorkshire. Best wishes Lorraine

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rains Farm Holidays what a pleasant surprise, an absolute gem set in magnificent surroundings and as quiet as a mouse. Lorraine the owner is a lovely friendly welcoming person, nothing (and I mean nothing) is too much trouble. Both the B&B rooms and Self Catering units are stunning and immaculately kept. A true home from home. In the B&B the breakfasts are every thing you would expect and much, much more.
If you stay anywhere in North Yorkshire stay at Rains Farm Holidays you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Excellent says it all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much for suggesting I may be the best B&B in North Yorkshire, I certainly try! I enjoyed your stay here and our chats and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you once again, Lorraine

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed in Dove cottage for a week this August. The cottage was spotless, very well equipped and very comfortable with everything you need. Lorraine always gives us a very warm welcome and deserves her AA award. It is in lovely surroundings, great wildlife and very peaceful, even the hare came to visit us twice. We have also stayed Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights and the rooms and breakfast are first class. We shall certainly return. Thanks for the chocolates.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you Barbara and Alan for your kind words. When staying here at Rains Farm you have experienced both types of accommodation we offer and are therefore well quailified to write a review about both! Thank you. As you know we strive to keep our bed and breakfast and self catering cottages to a high standard at all times. I do truly enjoy my business and the warm welcome I give is genuine, I really do want to have happy guests!
It is always a pleasure to see you both and I will look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future. Best wishes, Lorraine.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

just returned from rains farm having had a lovely weekend.spotlessly clean rooms ,lovely breakfast we had elderly parents with us and there ground floor room was perfect for them.you are certainly well looked after here.the wildlife is great to watch..thank you lorraine

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ninabelina, Owner at Rains Farm Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back to stay here again sometime in the future. I like your comment about the wildlife as I too enjoy viewing all the birds and wildlife and love it when my guests get to see the variety of species we have here. Our four wild Moorhen chicks (bomber command as I call them!) are so funny as they sneak up to the patio as if in a flying formation to eat the birds seed scattered around. Thank you once again, Lorraine

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Accommodation was simply the best here at Rains Farm.
Lorraine was an absolutely marvellous host and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Our 2 night stay was fantastic - what lovely surroundings.
We stayed in "Dove" cottage - a two room suite. It was great to spread out a little and being on the ground floor enabled us to get sorted and re-packed - even got some washing done in the laundry facility on site.
The bed was cosy and warm and we had two great nights of sleep.
Breakfast was of a very high standard and arrived to our door, right on the agreed time.
We were able to explore the nearby beautiful village of Thornten-le-Dale and were in Pickering when the Olympic Torch Relay came in on the train - what a privilege.
Thanks Lorraine for making us UK trip most memorable.

Room Tip: "Dove" cottage - a two room, very well appointed suite with all the comforts of home.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you Dave and Sandra for your delightful review, I was only too pleased to make your stay in Yorkshire extra special. I am very proud of my home county and the hospitality I give, I just want guests to have a happy, memorable time so that one day they may return. P.S Please send us some Brisbane sunshine!! Best wishes to you both, Lorraine.