“Serene and beautiful”

Ranked #9 of 49 Pickering B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Serene and beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've just returned from a yoga retreat at The Orange Tree - the most wonderful weekend. I didn't know anyone else but have made 11 new friends. The rooms are lovely, the food delicious and plentiful, the views spectacular, throw in walks through beautiful Rosedale, a hot tub with a view, beauty treatments, yoga, relaxation, meditation - you'll feel like a new person!

The Orange Tree doesn't just look after you, it takes care of you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love this place, I went on my own to get away from it last year and had such a brilliant time I had to come again. Edward and his team create an environment where you can be yourself but also move forward, whether that be laughing over the dinner table with people you have never met or lying down in a relaxation session being moved by the sound of beautiful gong. This year I explored the breath taking scenery but then came back to sit in the spa and chill out in my dressing gown. Such bliss. I have already booked next year. As a smoker, usually the only one, the freedom to stand outside the back door with the view, often in my dressing gown is priceless.

Room Tip: They all have great views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last weekend we returned for the 8th year to this piece or heaven on earth and I wouldn't have thought it could get better - but it did! Edward is such a lovely person, and the staff are so caring and friendly and make you feel so welcome. It was a relaxation weekend, but it was also filled with laughter and friendship. We enjoy excellent food (with a glass of wine), Tai chi and yoga class, long walks, hot tub, sauna and a choice of treatments on the Saturday afternoon. This yearly escape has become a major part of our lives and I'm already looking forward to next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you want a weekend away from it all , then this is the place to go. The vegetarian food is amazing and if you have any food intolerances, they will cater for it. The Tai Chi and yoga sessions with Gong Relaxation were incredible. The scenery is beautiful and wild with lovely fresh air and you can sit in the jacuzzi looking over the North Yorkshire Moors.
There are optional treatments on Saturday afternoons from hot stone massage to facials.
I went with a group of ladies and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ros G
Matlock Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Orange Tree for a relaxation weekend with some friends and wasn't really sure what to expect - all sounded a bit hippyish and vegetarian food only...?? Have to say, I came away feeling lightly stunned.
Hippyish? Far from it. Yes, there was Tai Chi, yes there was Yoga, yes there was meditation. But all so entirely relaxing it had quite a profound effect on me. Edward is a fantastic host - he's warm, friendly, has a great sense of humour and is there if you need him without being obtrusive, very quietly being on the periphery the whole time while not holding the workshops.
The food - vegetarian yes but oh so tasty and fabulous choice. The whole team look after you so well, cater for your every dining need and completely make it their mission to nurture you and look after you. The treatments on offer are also wonderful...
I can't recommend this weekend and this place enough, or commend Edward and his team highly enough. Go with an open mind and be prepared to have your opinions changed and your mind, body & soul truly looked after, and leave feeling very relaxed and at peace with the world.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have just spent a fabulous weekend at The Orange Tree, thank you to Edward, his lovely parents, Claire and the rest of the team for there welcoming hospitality, great food, treatments and classes. I arrived on my own but left with some fantastic new friends and a new lease of life. I have never been so relaxed and at peace in my whole life can't wait to book my next visit. The setting of this amazing place is truly spectacular (even in the rain), my room was lovely and comfortable. I could go on forever but I will say if you visit you won't want to leave I struggled, I will be back soon x

Room Tip: I stayed in room 8 lovely spacious room and amazing view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my second visit to the OT for a relaxation Weekend. This place just keeps getting better (didn't think that was possible!). It's an incredible experience from start to finish - the location is breathtaking, food is delicious and plentiful, the workshops and treatments are first class and the team who run the OT are so welcoming and nurturing. Nothing is too much trouble and they do everything with such love and care. It truly is a place where your soul is nurtured just as much as your body. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I was here with a large group of female friends so we filled every room which made it even more special. We have booked our return visit already!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends