“Great Great Yorkshire Brewery Tour”
Review of Cropton Brewery

Cropton Brewery
Ranked #6 of 22 things to do in Pickering
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our three generations visit to the Great Yorkshire Brewery at the New Inn Cropton yesterday was a great experience. The two adult males enjoyed an informative and witty brewery tour finished off with several tasty beers. This was followed by an enjoyable lunch for kids and adults with friendly service. An all round good day out in Yorkshire and considered well worth the money by both the visitors from Yorkshire and Dorset!

2  Thank Rob H
"food was lovely"
"north yorkshire"
"value for money"

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We recently went on a Micro brewery tour to "the Great Yorkshire Brewery", in Cropton North Yorks.
It was bought as a gift for my husband and included a lunch for two, Lucky me !
We arrived at 11.00 am and we're joined by 34 other people. We all grouped upstairs in the bar at the New Inn,we were given vouchers to claim a pint after the tour and also a voucher to claim a gift for my husband.
Then we commenced our tour with a lovely informative chap who was our guide, he stated that he wasn't a brewer himself but he was very likeable and informative.
He gave us a briefing on the village through time and a history of the Pub, the buildings and what they used to be.
Then we walked down to the brewery,
We were told how the beer was made and saw all the coppers, the kettles and the Mash tub, he told us that the beer had become very popular in various countries around the world. We saw the various methods of beer production and how it is either bottled or barrelled.
Then afterwards we returned to the pub for our beer tasting !
Hubby had "Monkmans Slaughter 6% proof and I had Yorkshire Blackout " , I loved mine , it was very dark and smelt like it had a hint of chocolate,
We had a lovely 2 course meal and my husband of course had to try another beer !
Afterwards he was presented with a commemorative beer glass and 3 bottles of various Great Yorkshire Beers.
It was a great visit and I would certainly recommend this trip as a gift .

2  Thank jilly1958
Reviewed March 23, 2014

we have just returned from our travel zoo brewery visit our trip has been great the tour of the micro brewery is very interesting and very good value the voucher included tastes of the brews a gift pack of beers and glass to take home and a 2 course lunch we are now looking forward to going back when the next brewery opens later in the year we added a 2 night stays to our trip so we could enjoy the new inn and north Yorkshire

1  Thank Jane k
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I bought this as a Groupon voucher present for my Husband, thinking it would be a little different but not really expecting much. What a pleasant surprise!The voucher included a tour of the micro brewery, two pints of beer, a two-course lunch and a three bottle gift pack to take away, along with a glass depicting the brewery. The tour was informative and conducted with great humour. It lasted about an hour and then we went in to have lunch. Again, pleasantly surprised, the two-course lunch was hot, tasty and delivered pretty quickly too. My Husband enjoyed the two pints and we had a gift pack to bring away. After lunch we went up to the other bar area and had another drink, the pub just has such a comfortable feel to it and was pretty full of walkers and dogs. Would certainly go back again if we were in the area.

2  Thank Andrea062
See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was bought the brewery trip as a birthday present by my stepson. We went as a party of four and were treated to a very informative tour of the brewery by a knowledgeable guide with a good Yorkshire sense of humour. The tour lasted about one hour and then we went into the New Inn to sample the numerous brews available(glad I was not driving), and followed this with a very nice two course lunch. Finally we received a gift pack of three bottles and a glass. The bar staff and waitresses were very efficient and pleasant. Since the New Inn has residential facilities it is likely I shall be making a further visit to sample the brewery's delights

1  Thank John G