“My cafe of choice in Pickering” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lazy Sundae
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Pickering
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Pickering, United Kingdom
“My cafe of choice in Pickering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

A lovely little café atmosphere is relaxed, service is good and food/drinks excellent. Best hot chocolate in Pickering

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gail R

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I recently popped into Pickering and found the most delightful cafe. Initially I just wanted a coffee, but after seeing all the homemade cakes on display I gave in to the coffee cake to go with it. I'm so glad that I did, taking another piece home for the hubby!! Can't wait to go back and try some more.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank mrscookhelmsley
Yorkshire
“Hidden little treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

What a fab little place lovely and friendly staff we only had coffee and crumpets but the lunch which was brought out for another table looked great. We had some cake to take out which was fab we will. Be back in the spring very quaint and cosy. We especially loved the gingerbread latte

Visited December 2013
North Ferriby, United Kingdom
“A Perfect Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Staying in Whitby on honeymoon, we decided to have a scenic drive out on my birthday and stop for a bite to eat in Pickering before tackling Dalby Forest.

Having our 16 month old son and his pushchair in tow, we were a bit hesitant on whether to go inside as it is lovely and cosy and we didn't want to get in the way, so we sat outside. Never did I think I'd be able to sit outside in the sunshine in December. Even blankets were provided on the backs of chairs which was a nice touch.

I popped inside to get a menu and explain we were outside and the lovely young lady could not have been more helpful and accommodating which put us at ease, and she was very polite and professional taking our order and when serving our food.

I had the special, sausages with caramelised onion chutney and cheddar in a ciabatta which was delicious and beautiful presented (the salad served in an open kilner jar was so cute!). My husband had a bacon stottie with the soup of the day which was garden pea and bacon. Both were delicious and very fresh.

The coffees were superb. The best we've had in a long time. You can tell the barista knows exactly how to make a good one.

Upon paying we decided to take a slice of date and oat bake home. It didn't last to the car park as it was too tempting. Our son particularly loved it's chewy texture.

It's clear by the attentive staff and immaculate surroundings, that Lazy Sundae takes great care and pride in pleasing all its customers. I can't recommend it highly enough and wish all involved continued success 5*

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Katie H
Bradford
“Lovely lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my fiancé and parents after reading the good reviews!

Had a lovely lunch me n my dad getting the bacon flatcakes a couple of mugs of coffee and a pot of tea. My fiancé and mum had some delicious paninis and we were all equally stuffed and satisfied.

Lovely little cafe with friendly staff and decor. Would recommend and will be back next time we're in Pickering!

1 Thank Paddy459